Black Sands Add On - APB On Ace's Full (1 Viewer)

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Last ditch effort here - I'm looking to add onto a cash set of Black Sands that I purchased from the organizer of the original group buy (Ace's Full). I've PM'd him several times from a couple of different forums and sent emails to the account we made the transaction through. He's been MIA from the forums for over a year, though I noticed he logged into big blue this weekend and made a post. Tried another PM there, no dice. I've also checked in with CPC, they don't have his info. It's been several months now, I've just about lost hope in getting more of these.

I figured there are lots of CT refuges here now - does anyone know him or know of a different way to get in touch with him? Would love to give Dave some more business... ;)

P1060377.jpg

Just checked and it looks like I always corresponded with him via PM, so I don't have his email. He had given me permission to do add-ons, but I'm sure his permission to me would not extend to others. Too bad - would love to see you expand your set!

I guess keep trying - I seem to remember having to message a few times before I got a response on a couple different occasions. Nice guy, though, and I'm sure he'll help you out if you can track him down.

Just checked and it looks like I always corresponded with him via PM, so I don't have his email. He had given me permission to do add-ons, but I'm sure his permission to me would not extend to others. Too bad - would love to see you expand your set!

I guess keep trying - I seem to remember having to message a few times before I got a response on a couple different occasions. Nice guy, though, and I'm sure he'll help you out if you can track him down.

Thanks jbutler. When I purchased the set we discussed getting add-ons and he was fine with that, but at that time ASM Vegas was in disarray. The issue now is that I just can't get a hold of him to forward that permission to CPC. He also has the artwork files. I have no plans to see the set I have, so hopefully he'll eventually resurface. :)

I'm not a big fan of labeled chips. I've always like these. I had contemplated buying them from him for a long time.

My contact with him was always on Perfectmancave.com via PM's. I haven't seen him post there in awhile either. I can check though.

B

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

just checked, his last date of activity was 10-11-2013 09:56 AM

I have had the same problem with my ASM no molds "Late Night Tour" set. I would recommend just emailing Jim/Dave directly and seeing if they can rebuild it for you since you were part of the original group buy. I don't see why there would be a problem. They offered to help me rebuild my set (after permission from the original owner) even considering the art work was lost.

I have had the same problem with my ASM no molds "Late Night Tour" set. I would recommend just emailing Jim/Dave directly and seeing if they can rebuild it for you since you were part of the original group buy. I don't see why there would be a problem. They offered to help me rebuild my set (after permission from the original owner) even considering the art work was lost.

As the organizer of a relatively large group buy, I would take major issue with a participating member contacting the manufacturer to see if they could just add-on willy nilly after the fact. Just my 2¢.

I'm not a big fan of labeled chips. I've always like these. I had contemplated buying them from him for a long time.

My contact with him was always on Perfectmancave.com via PM's. I haven't seen him post there in awhile either. I can check though.

B

just checked, his last date of activity was 10-11-2013 09:56 AM

Yeah he hasn't been on PMC in a while, that's actually the forum we made the transaction through.

I purchased the chips directly from Ace's last year, so I wasn't part of the original group buy. I also concede to links' point above, one of the main points of getting custom chips is the security factor, it's in ASM/CPC's best interests to protect their client's games securities by not re-making custom chips for someone else. It ends up being a kind of silly situation in this case because the original owner doesn't have them anymore, but that's just part of the game. That aside, I've been in touch with David and in addition to the permission issue, they also don't have the original artwork.

The original artwork is not a problem if you're willing to send a sample chip of each denomination. I was assured via email they could recreate them fairly close to exactly if they had samples.

That said however, I recognize all points mentioned above. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom