Black, Charcoal and Gray (1 Viewer)

aracicot24

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I was hoping someone might have some pictures of the charcoal gray and black chips next to eachother.

I was thinking of making my .25c chip charcoal gray and my $1 chip black. The edge spots on the .25 are going to be dayglo green and the ones on the $1 will be bright white and purple.

Is it a bad idea to use these two as base colors in the same set? If so does someone have a normal gray chip they can compare vs the two?

Here you go! Plus added in regular white for the full greyscale pallete. Not the best lighting but hopefully helps.

As for the core question re: these base colors/spots/etc, I can’t say first hand, but my assumption would be that it would depend on how the spots are designed. If it’s just 418s or something you probably will have issues with the charcoal and black being a bit too similar. But some larger spots that make your mentioned colors of green / white / purple stand out might rectify that a bit. Obviously would encourage getting your hands on these color samples to see these things first hand!

E72D31C8-D0EA-4AE2-9175-3FC0431C0784.jpeg

3DE4D8B4-017C-4EAF-A3B9-9970978C4435.jpeg

958012B0-530B-47E7-B650-F010A078BE7A.jpeg

Not a good idea to use Charcoal and black next to each other. Might be okay if they have wildly different spot colours and patterns and are separated by at least 3 denoms in between.
Ya its tough. I love the idea of having neutral base colors with the spots being the main difference. But you're right, may be too simliar.

Here you go! Plus added in regular white for the full greyscale pallete. Not the best lighting but hopefully helps.

As for the core question re: these base colors/spots/etc, I can’t say first hand, but my assumption would be that it would depend on how the spots are designed. If it’s just 418s or something you probably will have issues with the charcoal and black being a bit too similar. But some larger spots that make your mentioned colors of green / white / purple stand out might rectify that a bit. Obviously would encourage getting your hands on these color samples to see these things first hand!

View attachment 856495
View attachment 856496
View attachment 856497
Thank you! I do have the color samples but was hoping someone made a set with black and charcoal as their base colors. Seeing them with spots always changes things. But I think you are right, may be too similar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom