Binked it (1 Viewer)

Ben

Full House
Reaction score
Well, after a not-so-promising flop with only a gutshot to the dummy straight, smashing the turn and then fading 4 outs on the river, the pot has been shipped and THIS will be a reality (barring extreme shenanigans:)

Anyone up for a nice neighborhood poker game for 70??? (This photo looks "stretched" - I assure you, it isn't. :cool:)

house1_zps6b0725e8.jpg

Oh wait, I don't have a neighborhood. But I DO have camping space for all 70 players (or 700...) :D

house2_zps04af42e7.jpg

See you all at DCS4. Apologies, I may not be around much for a while after that. :eek:

Nice Ben, can't wait to see it filled with tables and chips!

Very nice! The antlers the ceiling fan is cool!

I'm thinking this represents a significant upgrade from, if I remember correctly, the garage where your games were before. Big congrats Ben. How much acreage is that out back? It looks like you got your 40 acres and a mule.

nice one, benny - congrats! you gotta put together a meat-up so you can show these yanks what real barbecue is.

If you yanks will come down to Atlanta in April you can have some real bbq including Brunswick stew!

God damn I miss Tennessee.

Come back! You know us, we're a welcoming bunch. ;)

So when's the meetup? [emoji13]

Christ. Nearest airport is 50 mins. Nearest hotel (or major grocery store, or fast food etc.) is 15+ mins away.

Nearest mom-and-pop corner market with ATM is only like 6-7 minutes. And that's all you really need, right?

So, 2016 maybe. ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

The antlers the ceiling fan is cool!

Yeah, wifey says those are getting replaced ASAP. I would leave them, but cannot argue.

I'm thinking this represents a significant upgrade from, if I remember correctly, the garage where your games were before. Big congrats Ben. How much acreage is that out back? It looks like you got your 40 acres and a mule.

No garage, just a single upstairs bedroom. 11.7 acres total, including probably a couple acres in front of the house. The very back right corner of the pic may be the neighbor's property - unsure.

Plenty of room to throw a baseball 225 feet ON A ROPE! [emoji56] [emoji13] [emoji90]

Holy crap! How much did you win from me in that last poker game!?!

Those are some serious diggs! I'm guessing your leaving the 'Boro?

i had a friend in college who was 6'6" and whose mother, at 6'2", was the shortest member of the family. when they had a new house built, they had custom counters, tables, chairs, and other interior furnishings sized appropriately to their family. i'm 5'10" and when i visited for a big buffet-style dinner, it took me like half an hour to figure out why it felt so strange just to try to fill my plate and sit and eat. i looked next to me at my girlfriend who was 5'4" and realized it was like a true funhouse for her and it dawned on me that everything was oversized.

Last edited:
i had a friend in college who was 6'6" and whose mother, at 6'2" was the shortest member of the family. when they had a new house build, they had custom counters, tables, chairs, and other interior furnishings sized appropriately to their family. i'm 5'10" and when i visited for a big buffet-style dinner, it took me like half an hour to figure out why it felt so strange just to try to fill my plate and sit and eat. i looked next to me at my girlfriend who was 5'4" and realized it was like a true funhouse for her and it dawned on me that everything was oversized.

literally lol'ing at this!!!

Congrats Ben. I'm looking forward to visiting your ranch. Will there be Comanche there or did you sign a treaty with them to leave the poker players alone?

Holy crap! How much did you win from me in that last poker game!?!

Those are some serious diggs! I'm guessing your leaving the 'Boro?

About tree-fiddy. You too can learn the arts of 3-betting OOP with J2o - my specialized course is now available for only $99999.95.

Yes, our address will no longer be of the place with the most annoying "colloquial" name ever. It will now be of the place with the most stereotypical Bible-beltin', yee-hawin', tent-revivalin' name ever. But really not much further from "the Square." ;)

i had a friend in college who was 6'6" and whose mother, at 6'2", was the shortest member of the family. when they had a new house built, they had custom counters, tables, chairs, and other interior furnishings sized appropriately to their family. i'm 5'10" and when i visited for a big buffet-style dinner, it took me like half an hour to figure out why it felt so strange just to try to fill my plate and sit and eat. i looked next to me at my girlfriend who was 5'4" and realized it was like a true funhouse for her and it dawned on me that everything was oversized.

At this point, I would find it really odd as well. You get used to things like not being able to cut stuff on a countertop without sitting down...

Congrats Ben. I'm looking forward to visiting your ranch. Will there be Comanche there or did you sign a treaty with them to leave the poker players alone?

The Comanche are welcome - I am 1/8 American Indian, and also I am told they are an enterprising bunch when it comes to the gambolz. The Jehovah's Witnesses, on the other hand, have been "strategically relocated" to a 5-foot-wide irradiated strip of wasteland in the rear of the property. Progress!

Well, let's start planning your add-on breakdown. :p

And it'd be smart to plan the midwest circuit of the WPC tour. Take a month off for meat-ups in Chicago, Cincy, Louisville, Nashville. Maybe we add a leg for Atlanta then New England, although I'll probably never play a tourney in Maine again. Rigged.

Well, let's start planning your add-on breakdown. :p

And it'd be smart to plan the midwest circuit of the WPCF tour. Take a month off for meat-ups in Chicago, Cincy, Louisville, Nashville. Maybe we add a leg for Atlanta then New England, although I'll probably never play a tourney in Maine again. Rigged.

Fixed your post

NH. You got some rungood just when you needed it. Congrats!

There will be no "one time" for you at DCS... :p

NH. You got some rungood just when you needed it. Congrats!

There will be no "one time" for you at DCS... :p

Thanks!

But hey hey hey now, let me be perfectly clear - one time has NOT been used. I am still free to one-outer you for a mortgage payment. Plus added weekend-long Whining Chicken Tilt Equity (WCTE), as demonstrated at the last DCS. :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom