Binions WSOP 1k (2 Viewers)

Mtvernonbryan

Straight
Reaction score
I’m sickened that I was not in a position to buy those chips. FU COVID!! please tell me someone here bought them. Those are my grail chips.

CC4432D3-B187-4650-91F2-075D3C2B76CE.jpeg

I just “got samples.” Lol can’t afford a payable set, but people are doing it. Not sure if these are the ones you meant, but they are amazing.

Are they a remake? Al the authentic ones I have seen in photos of play have a white ring around the inlay.

Last edited:
I checked the chip report, they were a second run produced on 4/12/01 so they would have been used in 2002/2003, one member had a picture of a chip in play.

There have actually been two separate racks of these for sale over the past couple of weeks and I just missed out on both of them - might have been for the best since I prefer local pickup if possible (currently live in Canada) and with the WSOP being moved until September/October 2020 (at least), I wouldn't have felt great about paying for them now and then trying to collect months later. Here's the second eBay link, these ones went for over $50 more:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-BOX-100-...m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Anyways, best of luck trying to find a full rack in the future!

Are they a remake? Al the authentic ones I have seen in photos of play have a white ring around the inlay.

As both Duffman and Nezara pointed out, there are actually two different versions of this particular chip - one with a white ring in the middle (earliest version) and one without the ring, which appears throughout the 2003 WSOPME and may have been present in 2002 as well. Here is my favorite piece of photographic evidence in regards to the use of both in the 2003 Main Event from photographer Frederic Neema - this was shot at the final table. As you can see, the 1k chip closest to his glasses has no white circle, while the ones stacked at the top do have the white circle present. Check out his gallery from this event below, there are a lot of great images of these chips in play:

moneymakerstack.JPG

http://gamma.fnphoto.com/stories/2153/pages/03-2153-1781.htm

As both Duffman and Nezara pointed out, there are actually two different versions of this particular chip - one with a white ring in the middle (earliest version) and one without the ring, which appears throughout the 2003 WSOPME and may have been present in 2002 as well. Here is my favorite piece of photographic evidence in regards to the use of both in the 2003 Main Event from photographer Frederic Neema - this was shot at the final table. As you can see, the 1k chip closest to his glasses has no white circle, while the ones stacked at the top do have the white circle present. Check out his gallery from this event below, there are a lot of great images of these chips in play:

View attachment 464984

http://gamma.fnphoto.com/stories/2153/pages/03-2153-1781.htm
That's a cool gallery, thanks for sharing. Looking through - Here's another photo showing the two blues in play. Kinda blurry.
CB762C53-FA63-4A09-970B-3F15395E7427.jpeg

I think I prefer the look of the white ring version - the inlay pops more.

Last edited:
Did a little bit more digging through my old WSOP footage and found proof that both the white ring and non-ring versions were in play in 2002 as well - here's a screenshot where you can clearly see both versions from the 2002 final table (Robert Varkonyi's win) :

2002finaltable.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom