Bike theme inlay help (1 Viewer)

1601338857376.jpeg

The Peloton Club
Breakaway Club

These two or a variation of them are my favorites I have seen thus far, with preference to the latter since the peloton is not your optimal position. Maybe something referencing Pole position, but that may be tacky.

As far as designs go, I am thinking an outline of Pennsylvania as kind of the background could work well based on its state lines, like in this pic:

download.png

Then over the top of this, a logo similar to IU's Little 500 logo:

IUSF-little-500-logo.jpg

Maybe less flags, like two crossed ones; one having the finish line and the other having the denomination. Straighten them out and make them bigger. Or make the flags smaller and custom and the wheel bigger with the center big enough for a denomination.

Then maybe the name you go with arched over the top of the flags. I would say the wheel, but visibility on an actual chip may be limited with that unless it is made bigger. City could also go on the wheel along the bottom with the poker/club name over the top of everything arching.

Don't want to ramble too much more, so I'll just say I am not a designer at all so pardon if this is too busy or impractical for an inlay.

Good luck Ryan and looking forward to seeing it come to life!

Love the thought put into this! Thanks for taking the time to put your thoughts on paper!
These two or a variation of them are my favorites I have seen thus far, with preference to the latter since the peloton is not your optimal position. Maybe something referencing Pole position, but that may be tacky.

As far as designs go, I am thinking an outline of Pennsylvania as kind of the background could work well based on its state lines, like in this pic:

View attachment 543290

Then over the top of this, a logo similar to IU's Little 500 logo:

View attachment 543289

Maybe less flags, like two crossed ones; one having the finish line and the other having the denomination. Straighten them out and make them bigger. Or make the flags smaller and custom and the wheel bigger with the center big enough for a denomination.

Then maybe the name you go with arched over the top of the flags. I would say the wheel, but visibility on an actual chip may be limited with that unless it is made bigger. City could also go on the wheel along the bottom with the poker/club name over the top of everything arching.

Don't want to ramble too much more, so I'll just say I am not a designer at all so pardon if this is too busy or impractical for an inlay.

Good luck Ryan and looking forward to seeing it come to life!

Tortoise and the Hare
1601425042094.png

Chip and a Chair

Last edited:
I should (hopefully) be good at this, as I'm an ad copywriter for a living. OK, here goes... some names:

THE PACELINE CLUB
Flamme Rouge Card Room / Card Club
The Time Rbonus Club

Could do some beautiful artwork for Flamme Rouge based on the board game:

pic3482521_1080x.jpg

Damn, I forgot about my first custom set... Peddlers Roost. Lots of mistakes with this first set with design and colors but....I still love them.
asm.jpg

Screenshot_20200929-205456~2.png

Thinking something real simple for the inlay, incorporating your eventual club name across a bike tire (couldn't highlight the PA in another colour unfortunately, but you get the idea). Different chips could be based on the different Tour de France Jersey colours?

CC_20200930_015811.png

48b351fe-1fb3-4e0c-8ff6-2c40dd445796.png

I should (hopefully) be good at this, as I'm an ad copywriter for a living. OK, here goes... some names:

THE PACELINE CLUB
Flamme Rouge Card Room / Card Club
The Time Rbonus Club

Could do some beautiful artwork for Flamme Rouge based on the board game:

View attachment 543321

This picture totally reminded me of some images from an animated movie called "The Triplets of Belleville" - it's hilarious. One of the subplots of the movie involves an organized crime syndicate kidnapping competitive cyclists, drugging them with hallucinogens, and forcing them to race virtually in a carnival-style "horse-race" contraption for illicit gambling operations.

This picture totally reminded me of some images from an animated movie called "The Triplets of Belleville" - it's hilarious. One of the subplots of the movie involves an organized crime syndicate kidnapping competitive cyclists, drugging them with hallucinogens, and forcing them to race virtually in a carnival-style "horse-race" contraption for illicit gambling operations.

OMG I thought the same thing! How weird that movie is so unknown

I'm a big cyclist myself and had been working on a cycling-themed set earlier this year, but it's on the back burner atm while I work on something else.

JBM91408.jpg

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/help-with-cycling-themed-cpc-set.52532/

The idea was a tribute set based on famous jerseys from the Grand Tours, as well as my club jersey.
1601488850834.png

Inlays were being done by Johnny5. We got some initial designs, but nothing final, as I switched gears towards another set. It's something I'll definitely re-visit again in the future though.
1601488940468.png

In terms of names, what about:
- Puncheur Poker
- Rule 5 Poker Club (if you don't know Rule 5 as a cyclist, you should!)
- Big Ring Poker
- Chapeau Club

Good luck with the design, I look forward to seeing your progress!

I’ll have to look over this when I get some time! Looks awesome in the first 30s of looking
I'm a big cyclist myself and had been working on a cycling-themed set earlier this year, but it's on the back burner atm while I work on something else.

View attachment 543687

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/help-with-cycling-themed-cpc-set.52532/

The idea was a tribute set based on famous jerseys from the Grand Tours, as well as my club jersey.
View attachment 543681

Inlays were being done by Johnny5. We got some initial designs, but nothing final, as I switched gears towards another set. It's something I'll definitely re-visit again in the future though.
View attachment 543682

In terms of names, what about:
- Puncheur Poker
- Rule 5 Poker Club (if you don't know Rule 5 as a cyclist, you should!)
- Big Ring Poker
- Chapeau Club

Good luck with the design, I look forward to seeing your progress!

Will have to give that a watch, for sure — sounds like my kind of plot!

Ah, that bike brings back memories of my old aluminum Trek 1500 triple, etc. I like the use of the helmet to protect your cycling computer, too!

My vote goes to that inlay in the upper left -- great contrast. It might be even better if you or J5 could work a little bit of slope into the roadway in front of the peaks.

Good luck building the set!

Ah, that bike brings back memories of my old aluminum Trek 1500 triple, etc. I like the use of the helmet to protect your cycling computer, too!

My vote goes to that inlay in the upper left -- great contrast. It might be even better if you or J5 could work a little bit of slope into the roadway in front of the peaks.

Good luck building the set!

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: In my defense, on the day that photo was taken in August 2017 it was over +40c (+104f) at the TOP of Mont Ventoux! :wow: It was all I could do to avoid getting heat stroke (which I actually ended up getting anyways on that particular trip... lol). It was stupid hot. Like ridiculous.

Ride or Die Card Room
Lead Out Card Room
The Turn
Ace on the Rivet

Just finished this evening riding 385mi Pittsburgh to DC on the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) and Chesapeake &Ohio Towpath (C&O) trails with my sister. So if I was creating a bicycle themed set, it would be inspired by all the various scenes/sights we shared on the trail....Like a canal boat, lock house, and bike etc.
IMG_20201002_171612468.jpg
IMG_20201002_170614419.jpg

I guess what I'm saying is maybe find something related to bikes that is personal or inspirational for you.
IMG_20201002_153341732.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom