BigFoot Mike Intro (2 Viewers)

bigfootmike

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m a beginner chipper from Oklahoma and found @Chris Manzoni youtube channel and twitter. He’s awesome and has even tweeted back at me!! I’m BigFoot Mike because when golfing I’m always in the trees. When I say always, I’m talking always hahaha!! I’ve invested in some poker chip sets! I’ve got a set of Outlaw chips for micro cash games and a set of tiki kings as my tourney set. I’ve got flight cases for them as @Hobbyphilic recommended and I’m loving it! This is such a fun community and i look forward to learning more about poker chips!! I think my next set will be a flamingo cash set!

Welcome to another hobby that can drive you nuts!!
sasquatch-golf.gif

Welcome Big Foot!

Cool first post! Sounds like down the rabbit hole you go!

Real Flamingo chips are Paulson THC, considered by many to be the "nuts" around here. We also have some ceramic card molds versions floating around for much less. THCs are fantastic but they can be hard on the wallet!, but nothing wrong with investing in quality chips. For the most part you can usually get your money back out of them... whereas with lower end ceramics, they are often a tough sell and you have to take a decent loss for someone to take them (why buy used at cost when you can buy them brand new).

Either way best of luck in those Trees man!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Welcome Big Foot!

Cool first post! Sounds like down the rabbit hole you go!

Real Flamingo chips are Paulson THC, considered by many to be the "nuts" around here. We also have some ceramic card molds versions floating around for much less. THCs are fantastic but they can be hard on the wallet!, but nothing wrong with investing in quality chips. For the most part you can usually get your money back out of them... whereas with lower end ceramics, they are often a tough sell and you have to take a decent loss for someone to take them (why buy used at cost when you can buy them brand new).

Either way best of luck in those Trees man!

Fellow Chipper Ben
Is there an an abbreviation for Ceramic Card Molds? I checked the definitions page and didn’t see one (could’ve just missed it). This is likely the set I’m after so I want to be sure I’m requesting that set vs THCs

Im not sure Ceramic Cards Molds have an abbreviation yet, most say CM or Cards Molds... those are in the $.40 ish per chip range, real Flamingo THC $1s would run you $2.25 - $2.50 per chip, the $5s would have to be harvested and if you did it yourself (from my understanding they are very difficult to get now and pretty beat up) that would be $5 per chip, using a harvester would run probably $600 plus per rack. So even at two racks of each you are In the $1,600 - $1,800 realm... then have to make your own frac (you mentioned micro cash in the OP) likely a lilac purple, or yellow solid, milled and labeled ($350 ish range total) so we are pushing $2k Before talking about a suitable $25 or Hundo.. . Those are all bottom end #s, original Flamingo $5s are definitely thought to find and could be considerably higher than estimated... likely need a budget of $3,500 - $4K to build that set properly.

A Cards Molds standard breakdown of
(100) $.25
(200) $1
(200) $5
(80) $25
(20) $100
For 60 chips you are in the sub $300 price range for the whole set. @justincarothers just finished a group buy for those
Screenshot_20220823-065751_Samsung Internet.jpg

(Photo borrowed from Pimp Master Justin, happy to remove if requested).

No idea I'd someone plans to run another in the future, seems like pretty regularly people are running group buys that you can join in on!

Best of luck with the search for the new set!

Ben

I think the play for me is to start with Card Mold version and then slowly building the THC set… maybe my wife won’t notice as easily if I did it that way hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: DRG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom