Found Big Top Poker (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unleaded grail chips? What are those?
e57.jpg

Good luck with the search.

I’ll pass on a piece of advice I was given when I was 3 months in like you are. Your chipping desires and tastes morph and change quicker than the seasons, and at your buying rate, you’ll end up with a ton of sale / purchase regrets pretty quickly. I lived through those not too long ago.

The word grail, in this context, I assume you mean as “chips people covet”. The “unleaded” threw me for a loop, but if that’s truly what you’re after, here are those coveted chips, in my opinion, in no particular order:

- ESST (wsop tribute tournament chips)
- ESPT (beautifully designed, luscious tourney set)
- Sunset Beach (personally, I like the $5 and the hundo, the rest are schizophrenic when it comes to spot patterns)
- BTP Cash (you have these)
- Jack Detroit high denoms (you’ve started these)
- ACF Paulson (tourney chips from france)
- Wynn Charity set
- minty Bally’s house mold set
- Various mixed sets using a combination of chips from above
- @inca911’s Ojibwa set
- and many more

A “grail” set, I’ve come to realize, is highly personal. It’s the eternal quest to complete a thing that makes YOU feel “chipping complete”.

My advice: take some time to figure out what you really love and start building against that. I know I personally wasted a lot of money / effort in things that didn’t eventually move me.

Just a friendly $0.02.

I’ll pass on a piece of advice I was given when I was 3 months in like you are. Your chipping desires and tastes morph and change quicker than the seasons, and at your buying rate, you’ll end up with a ton of sale / purchase regrets pretty quickly. I lived through those not too long ago.

The word grail, in this context, I assume you mean as “chips people covet”. The “unleaded” threw me for a loop, but if that’s truly what you’re after, here are those coveted chips, in my opinion, in no particular order:

- Sunset Beach (personally, I like the $5 and the hundo, the rest are schizophrenic when it comes to spot patterns)
- Wynn Charity set
- @inca911’s Ojibwa set
- and many more

A “grail” set, I’ve come to realize, is highly personal. It’s the eternal quest to complete a thing that makes YOU feel “chipping complete”.

My advice: take some time to figure out what you really love and start building against that. I know I personally wasted a lot of money / effort in things that didn’t eventually move me.

Just a friendly $0.02.
@inca911 ojibwa set is really awesome in person. I would buy that set in a second if he was interested in selling…….just sayin.

- Wynn Charity set
- @inca911’s Ojibwa set
- and many more

Just a friendly $0.02.
Appreciate this advice, my friend!

My list is very similar. I could’ve been more clear but my interest isn’t necessarily in accruing a large number of sets but rather a large number of chips for one “grail” set.

For instance, my favorite tournament set ever is the AST set but it doesn’t seem readily accessible for me to expand on. The hope of the ad is either someone will have more of those for me to pickup or maybe they have a large ESPT or ESST set that I like almost as much as the AST set and I can allow someone else to acquire my AST to further their own set.

The same with the other cash sets I have, aside from the Jack Detroit’s on the way (thanks by the way), which I have no idea whether I will like in-person or not. Maybe people have more to offer of denoms I’m short in for current sets or maybe they have a large set they’d trade for a set of mine.

Offering cash just means giving a potential seller more options while I figure out which sets I love most. It’s a very limited field of interest.

-Triston

I have a few starbursts. Unfortunately they’re only a grail to me…and also leaded…so I’m of no use to you!!

- Wynn Charity set
- @inca911’s Ojibwa set
- and many more

Just a friendly $0.02.
It wasn’t money wasted. It was money spent enabling a journey that helped you identify what’s worthy of your time, energy, and addition investment.

Appreciate this advice, my friend!

My list is very similar. I could’ve been more clear but my interest isn’t necessarily in accruing a large number of sets but rather a large number of chips for one “grail” set.

For instance, my favorite tournament set ever is the AST set but it doesn’t seem readily accessible for me to expand on. The hope of the ad is either someone will have more of those for me to pickup or maybe they have a large ESPT or ESST set that I like almost as much as the AST set and I can allow someone else to acquire my AST to further their own set.

The same with the other cash sets I have, aside from the Jack Detroit’s on the way (thanks by the way), which I have no idea whether I will like in-person or not. Maybe people have more to offer of denoms I’m short in for current sets or maybe they have a large set they’d trade for a set of mine.

Offering cash just means giving a potential seller more options while I figure out which sets I love most. It’s a very limited field of interest.

-Triston
FWIW, the AST hot stamps come up a heck of a lot more often and are cheaper (for the most part) than any of the other boat chips.

If you're looking to make a 3 or 4 table set of one type of chip, it takes some patience, a little bit of luck, and of course cash. Having some good trade bait doesn't hurt either. Someone with AST chips, for example, may be looking for BTP, ESPT, or SB chips and you'll be able to swing a deal.

The temptation to try and go up to eleven and try to acquire your whole set in one go is of course there, but it's just not possible sometimes with just cash. It takes time to foster relationships with folks and to get into PM conversations with them. Sometimes the least likely connection pans out, and you'll find it surprising where and when you eventually make a deal.

Good luck, and be patient!

Well, since "grail" is highly personal and you're searching, I will offer you a one-time deal on one of my grail sets.

My grail Cali solids set breakdown:

300x fracs (red)
400x $1 (blue)
600x $5 (canary yellow)
300x $20 (charcoal)
200x $100 (white)
100x $500 (chocolate)
50x $1k (blaze orange)

All are mint, unfelted and unleaded as per your preference. I am happy to trade for any quantity of PCA secondary.

Well, since "grail" is highly personal and you're searching, I will offer you a one-time deal on one of my grail sets.

My grail Cali solids set breakdown:

300x fracs (red)
400x $1 (blue)
600x $5 (canary yellow)
300x $20 (charcoal)
200x $100 (white)
100x $500 (chocolate)
50x $1k (blaze orange)

All are mint, unfelted and unleaded as per your preference. I am happy to trade for any quantity of PCA secondary.
Oh, and these are, of course, all Dice chips. But I'm guessing you knew that.

I eagerly await your generous offer, sir.

Oh, and these are, of course, all Dice chips. But I'm guessing you knew that.

I eagerly await your generous offer, sir.
Thanks for offering these up for me! My “grail” sets are primarily the NAGB chips. Didn’t want to use the term because of the possibility of starting yet another endless huff and puff about them but since the term “grail” seems to solicit just as much cynical humor as “NAGB,” I will clarify.

Thanks for offering these up for me! My “grail” sets are primarily the NAGB chips. Didn’t want to use the term because of the possibility of starting yet another endless huff and puff about them but since the term “grail” seems to solicit just as much cynical humor as “NAGB,” I will clarify.
Just say you want crazy bright chips like my avatar.....

Animal House 3.0?
I have a new label in process, but I think I will use that for a different set. I think the plan for the SBs is simply to relabel the .25 cent chips to 5s and use the others as is. At some point I will create a separate thread showing all of my sets so people can see what I have been up to And so I don’t continue to derail this and other threads.

Haha sorry if mine was an asshole post. I was feeling particularly troll-y and I'm on vacation. Perfect storm.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom