• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Big Protege set for sale (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
down to $2842 now...

the plaques are new / unused... they account for ~$300 of that asking price...

$2542 / 1548 = $1.64 per chip with free shipping...

hell, even paulsons are selling off at the $1.35 & up range right now... and proteges are better in many respects...

if i didn't have a set already --and wanted one-- i'd jump at this opportunity...

the alternative is waiting forever for prices that give you happy feels while you piece a set together by picking up 20 chips here and 50 chips there... at the end of that time period --if it ever comes-- how much will you have spent per chip on avg?

prolly / maybe in the $1.25 range? that works out to what? saving $400 to $600 over the course of god-know-show-much-time it would take to build this set piece by piece...

if you break it down in those terms, the $1.60 / chip neighborhood isn't that unreasonable ;)

PS last proteges i saw for sale were on eBay - the rack went for over $150 shipped... before that, there was a set of 25c chips, $1s and $5s on eBay - 580 total chips... the auction started at $800+$25 for shipping (i dunno if it sold or not)... nevertheless, that breaks down to $1.42 per chip in a very limited set...

PPS hope you enjoyed the color show, BM :eek:

Last edited:
Plaques are worth half that ($5 each, or 30 = $150). I just sold two racks (500's and 1000's) for around $125/rack. There are two racks listed right now (not mine) for $150 each with no action so far.

This seller is either convinced he's sitting on a gold mine (he's not) or is simply intent on trying to ream the chipping community for everything he thinks he can get. No chip karma with this guy....

I love Proteges as much as the next guy. I have a large cash set of them. I think that if you really want to unload them thy might sell better if you were willing to break them up. This doesn't align with my interests because I don't need any more; I'm just offering my honest opinion. Proteges just haven't really increased in value even while other BCC chips have and while Paulsons certainly have. Even thought they're very nice chips, they're not incredibly sought after.

You should sell more of your protégés at $0.25 each, BG.. Would that somehow lend greater credibility to your argument?

We have a diff of opinion as to how much they're worth... That's all...

You no like, you no buy... Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom