Big mail day! (1 Viewer)

Silver_Fiend

Flush
Reaction score
I got several chip packages in the mail today...

One was an old chip carrier with Paranoid chips, but I wont bore you with that.

Next was my box of unknown hot stamps. I found these on FB and jumped to purchase without detailed pics. I could see minty hotstamps (and extras) being offered for a few bucks and that was enough.

20210311_090743[1].jpg

Not pictured is a blackjack dealer shoe, and a half dozen cancelled Sands and Tropicana card decks but I had to throw away the cards because they were mildewed/molded. Also a nice stack of Trop Fun Money with 200 $20s and 10 $100s

I know these look dark, but these are the box of purple $500. short by 2 so only 98.
20210311_090815[1].jpg

The rest of the chip are H molds, with $1, $5 and $100. The $1s and $100 are all brand new condition, but the $5s are a mix of new and lightly used. A few have very little gold in the hot stamps, but the stamps dont look worn down.
20210311_090914.jpg 20210311_090836.jpg 20210311_090852.jpg

Also a few dealer chips in this box
20210311_091359.jpg

Next box was another FB find. Mixed bag but I knew it had starbursts so I was willing to gamble a little. 46 of these green THCs and they are perfect. Some are pure starburst, some are an overstamp of $25.00 on a single side and clean starburst on the other.
20210311_150948.jpg

Also 61 of these "lazy spade" MD-34 chips. Injection molds, and thought they might from the injection marks on side (hard to see in the sales pic)
20210311_151454.jpg

These next 31 chips are listed as "recent" with no manufacturer information but really have a feel like compression molded chips. No injection marks visible and not slugged.
20210311_151211.jpg

Lastly are some more old school chips. 133 "large square" MD-45 molds, hot stamped and dont look to have been used. About 1/3 of them have some warping so I guess I'll get to practice some chip flattening on these.
20210311_152148.jpg

Unfortunately I cant find my digital scale atm, so I cant get weights on any of these. From descriptions, the THCs should all be from the 1980s. All of these were bought on speculation and a gamble. I will likely be putting them out for auction eventually. OF course, I'm still looking for some OG, Burt's "26 radial diamonds" chips and always open for trades for those!

OK, I found my scale, here are the results. All weight obtained by averaging for stacks of 10.

Surprisingly, the old school LGSQ chips were the lightest at 7.2gms
The Lazy Spades were 7.8 grams
The "unknown" suits and dice chips are a respectable 9.4 grams
All colors of the "H" mold chips are exactly 8 grams
The purple THCs are 10.4 grams
and the green THCs are the heaviest at 10.6 grams.

Nice score! I like those H mold chips.

Interesting about the 'recent' mold. Looked it up and saw it was report in 2009. Curious who made those. The dice on that mold look similar to the 'dicar' MD-6.

Nice score! I like those H mold chips.

Interesting about the 'recent' mold. Looked it up and saw it was report in 2009. Curious who made those. The dice on that mold look similar to the 'dicar' MD-6.
Youre right. Its actually the same dice design as 4, 5, & 6 which have BJ connections. Maybe this was a small design run for home game market? Its an oddity though. Some edges have that shiny "plastic" look, but when stacked, they have that varience from chip to chip that says "clay". They have clay weight (and not slugged), no injection pips or marks, and the fine texture design says "compression mold". Maybe its just a really good quality injection mold? IF so, maybe it proved too expensive for mass production and the line was scrapped and the initial chips sold off?

All just guesses, but speculation is fun.

I got several chip packages in the mail today...

Next was my box of unknown hot stamps. I found these on FB and jumped to purchase without detailed pics. I could see minty hotstamps (and extras) being offered for a few bucks and that was enough.

View attachment 653975

Not pictured is a blackjack dealer shoe, and a half dozen cancelled Sands and Tropicana card decks but I had to throw away the cards because they were mildewed/molded. Also a nice stack of Trop Fun Money with 200 $20s and 10 $100s

I know these look dark, but these are the box of purple $500. short by 2 so only 98.
View attachment 653977

The rest of the chip are H molds, with $1, $5 and $100. The $1s and $100 are all brand new condition, but the $5s are a mix of new and lightly used. A few have very little gold in the hot stamps, but the stamps dont look worn down.
View attachment 653981 View attachment 653979 View attachment 653980

Also a few dealer chips in this box
View attachment 653982

Next box was another FB find. Mixed bag but I knew it had starbursts so I was willing to gamble a little. 46 of these green THCs and they are perfect. Some are pure starburst, some are an overstamp of $25.00 on a single side and clean starburst on the other.
View attachment 653984

Also 61 of these "lazy spade" MD-34 chips. Injection molds, and thought they might from the injection marks on side (hard to see in the sales pic)
View attachment 653986

These next 31 chips are listed as "recent" with no manufacturer information but really have a feel like compression molded chips. No injection marks visible and not slugged.
View attachment 653985

Lastly are some more old school chips. 133 "large square" MD-45 molds, hot stamped and dont look to have been used. About 1/3 of them have some warping so I guess I'll get to practice some chip flattening on these.
View attachment 653987

Unfortunately I cant find my digital scale atm, so I cant get weights on any of these. From descriptions, the THCs should all be from the 1980s. All of these were bought on speculation and a gamble. I will likely be putting them out for auction eventually. OF course, I'm still looking for some OG, Burt's "26 radial diamonds" chips and always open for trades for those!
Why does one of the chips say GAY on it? Lol

Nice haul!

Au contraire, please do!

Regarding the "recent" mold - If the first Robert E found it was a 2009 report on ChipBoard then I doubt it was made by any of the usual suspects (USPCC, Burt, TRK, Paulson, BCC, or related companies) and if that's the case then it's probably not compression molded.

Nice haul!

Au contraire, please do!

Regarding the "recent" mold - If the first Robert E found it was a 2009 report on ChipBoard then I doubt it was made by any of the usual suspects (USPCC, Burt, TRK, Paulson, BCC, or related companies) and if that's the case then it's probably not compression molded.
Since it has been requested... But I wont be able to get a pic until I get home tomorrow, and thats if I have time between working on job #2 and leaving to go hang out at the BeauRivage for a few days. I will try to post them though. As to the unknown chips, all I can say is "huh, they're a strange bird".

How many of those do you have? Maybe weigh 10 of them and post the results. Probably not a big deal if you only have a few barrels of them.

How many of those do you have? Maybe weigh 10 of them and post the results. Probably not a big deal if you only have a few barrels of them.
Which chips are referring to? In my first reply I gave the weights.

Nice haul!

Au contraire, please do!

OK, sorry it took so long...
First pic is the most recent carrier with paranoids in front of another vintage chip case.
20210313_142339[1].jpg

I picked up this case really cheap, filled with junk chips. Its currenly holding some vintage clays, but my goal is to build a set of paranoid "M" chip to fill it. The cards in the slots are also vintage to the paranoids (20s & 30s)
20210313_142536[1].jpg

The "recent" chips are definitely injection molded plastic. They're not ASM because of the color and weight, they're obviously not Paulsons/BCC, and the edges are shiny and have little scratches that you wouldn't see on clay. Definitely an interesting chip though, if they feel a lot like clay.

Nice case! I like the inlaid stripes. The interior caddy looks to have a good finish on it.

And for the paranoids - hard to go wrong with red, white, and blue stars. Haul 'em out for a game on July 4! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom