Bicycle Prestige cards on sale at Walgreens (1 Viewer)

Meddler2

Full House
Reaction score
Great cards at a great price.
IMG_20200812_161520916.jpg

The box might be the best thing about them. I love the finish. They’re a tad stiffer than I prefer. There’s a bit more top card float than I like to see. And I never love standard index.
All in all they’re fine cards I’d be happy to play with and a great deal for the price.

Honestly, the biggest reason I’m happy to have them on hand is if I ever have a player who’s uncomfortable playing with all my other cards - exotic brands he’s never heard of.

Honestly, the biggest reason I’m happy to have them on hand is if I ever have a player who’s uncomfortable playing with all my other cards - exotic brands he’s never heard of.

For me, it would be that I don't want my fat-fingered friends bending the crap out of my Desjgn cards! Great price, I'll have to see if mine has any in stock.

Thanks for the info, picked one up just now. Debating if I want to buy the other two. :cool

Attachments

• 15972781070746614168482079216627.jpg
    15972781070746614168482079216627.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 133
totally worth $5. no doubt
Definitely. I buy these when they're on sale for my Tuesday night group - otherwise the host gets paper Bikes.

The investment is worth it, and the bonus is that when they play at my house, they know how to treat my Desjgns respectfully.

Ah, I already left and its 30 minutes away. Had to go to 2 stores. I'm just getting into starting games and just bought two other decks on Amazon, don't want to overload with decks.

that is older version, from what i heard newer is better. look for Made in Spain sign

Yes, there’s another thread about bikes and Walgreens...I mentioned that I believe that Walgreens is no longer planning on carrying them, hence the clearance. I cleaned out 5 walgreens in my area, got about 15 decks. The ones with the stripe are the 2018 version and the ones marked as “rider back” are the 2019 version.
Also, Walgreens owns Duane Reade, so the clearance is at those stores as well, even if there is no sign saying so.
Check the website to see if they have any in your area, the site quantities are accurate.
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/bicycle-prestige-plastic-playing-cards/ID=prod6007646-product

There are also versions of these cards made in China. They’re obvious because of the clear plastic case with a sticker applied as a box label. Luckily the China made cards are only available online I believe which is good because they’re total crap.

Never played them but have heard good things. Can't beat 'em at that price.

Fill up the tank! Got a little shopping to do today...

Check the website to see if they have any in your area, the site quantities are accurate.
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/bicycle-prestige-plastic-playing-cards/ID=prod6007646-product
This is always frustrating because inventory counts are often wrong. The store nearest me always shows stock and never had any. I think somebody stole 4 decks years ago and it’s never been corrected.
I read the old thread, but haven’t found AB answer. Does anybody know if the 2019 rider backs are made on the same stock?

The 2019 rider backs and the 2018 stripe are both made in Spain by Fournier and appear (to my hands) to be the exact same stock.
Strange that quantities are off in your area, I found all of the ones I went to were correct (all saying 2-5 decks available)

Sadly, I’m left with 3 more red decks than blue decks. If anyone has extra 2018 blue striped decks willing to trade, maybe we can work something out :D ...but I guess with shipping, that would negate the clearance savings

Last edited:
Shoutout to you guys, managed to get 2 decks for $11...Not too shabby

Anyone else prefer the 2018 back? I generally hate racing stripes, but f'n love that design.

Wish I read your post closer before my hunt. The first 3 stores I went to were sold out. Then finally tracked some down on the website at 2 other stores. The first:

IMG_0721.JPG

Yes!!! Pulled down 3. And at the second:

IMG_0722.JPG

WTF?!

Talked to the store manager and even showed her the receipt from the other store to see if she would honor the price. She said different Walgreens could have different prices and they were $8.29. Since you can get them at Amazon for that...I had to leave 6 packs of rider backs sitting lonely on the shelf. :(

Thanks again to @Meddler2 for the tip!

Wish I read your post closer before my hunt. The first 3 stores I went to were sold out. Then finally tracked some down on the website at 2 other stores. The first:

View attachment 510852

Yes!!! Pulled down 3. And at the second:

View attachment 510853
WTF?!

Talked to the store manager and even showed her the receipt from the other store to see if she would honor the price. She said different Walgreens could have different prices and they were $8.29. Since you can get them at Amazon for that...I had to leave 6 packs of rider backs sitting lonely on the shelf. :(

Thanks again to @Meddler2 for the tip!
That’s really surprising that the stores are so different in their pricing. There was one Walgreens that I went to that had no clearance sign but the deck still rang up at half price. It doesn’t make much sense.

Edit: just realized there may be something to be done, but will require a bit of running around. This might work:
You buy a deck or decks for $8.29.
You go to another Walgreens (that had them for $5.49) and make a return.
Buy them back immediately, and they ring up....for $5.49.

But are clearance items final sale? Dunno.

Last edited:
That’s really surprising that the stores are so different in their pricing. There was one Walgreens that I went to that had no clearance sign but the deck still rang up at half price. It doesn’t make much sense.

Edit: just realized there may be something to be done, but will require a bit of running around. This might work:
You buy a deck or decks for $8.29.
You go to another Walgreens (that had them for $5.49) and make a return.
Buy them back immediately, and they ring up....for $5.49.

But are clearance items final sale? Dunno.

Yeah...I was surprised at the price difference too. I was especially surprised that they wouldn't honor the other store's price. But I just figured out why they didn't...Walgreen's is a franchise. o_O Who would of thunk?

Unfortunately buying & returning is more trouble then it's worth. Will probably just check back in from time to time. Can't see them flying off the shelves at $8.29, and since they are on clearance they'll have to reduce the prices on them sooner or later to clear them out. ;)

I picked up 2 decks @ $4.99/deck. Original price was $9.99. Same deal as BOGO.

Yeah...I was surprised at the price difference too. I was especially surprised that they wouldn't honor the other store's price. But I just figured out why they didn't...Walgreen's is a franchise. o_O Who would of thunk?

Unfortunately buying & returning is more trouble then it's worth. Will probably just check back in from time to time. Can't see them flying off the shelves at $8.29, and since they are on clearance they'll have to reduce the prices on them sooner or later to clear them out. ;)
My first thought when I read the price was different was “are they franchised?”...but quickly dismissed the idea. Yep, very surprised!
I guess that’s why there’s so many.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom