Better Call Saul (AMC Series/Breaking Bad Spinoff) (1 Viewer)

Still haven't watched this yet. I assume I should?

if you watched and loved breaking bad, it's very, very likely you'll at least like better call saul. i'm not really sure how non-BB fans would take it, but i could see it standing on its own.

surprised to see now one weigh in yet on monday's episode. maybe the best - certainly the second best at least - of the series so far. i'll call it now that jonathan banks will win an emmy this year for that episode. if someone wants to lay me 4:1 i'd bet it and i'd bet even money that he's nominated. wouldn't be surprised to see other nominations for the episode either. it was very, very nearly perfect.

I agree. Great episode, and emmy worthy for sure. No action from me.

JUST watched it.

Tonally the closest episode to BB so far. Weighty and emotional stuff

Tonally the closest episode to BB so far. Weighty and emotional stuff

this was part of why i said very nearly perfect. the tone was really close to BB and i was tempted to subtract more because it didn't set itself apart aesthetically like the other Better Call Saul episodes have. but it did what it was trying to do so damn well that ultimately it was just too fantastic to not love.

The only show I look forward to watching during the week. Prefer it be on Sunday than Monday. Softens the Sunday night blues.

Still waiting to see Saul sharing the road with Walt as Walt is driving a new Aztek. That'll be classic.

Yes loved Monday's episode was fantastic. Really enjoying this show.

This is truly an epic show. I'm kind of glad its on mondays. At least there's one good thing to look forward to on Monday :).

4d81d65b3aef3c16259108ffe966fcd50bd545ca91b1a11404d3f3cf6c25014f.jpg

This may be blasphemous, but I think I may actually like this show better than Breaking Bad.

what's better, blasphemy or stupidity?

i keed. i really like BCS, but it has a long, long way to go to coming close to BB for me.

honestly, though, i could almost have seen an argument for the statement that "i may actually like this show better than BB" in the sense that it looked like it might go for a more fun, enjoyable - even zany - feel. since it appears to be mixing in a reasonable amount of serious stuff, though, i guess it's not going full force fun.

i keed. i really like BCS, but it has a long, long way to go to coming close to BB for me.

I haven't seen Mondays episode yet, but gotta agree with Butler. It will be difficult to match the range that Bryan Cranston did, he was just fantastic, going from menacing to pitiful all within the same episode.

honestly, though, i could almost have seen an argument for the statement that "i may actually like this show better than BB" in the sense that it looked like it might go for a more fun, enjoyable - even zany - feel. since it appears to be mixing in a reasonable amount of serious stuff, though, i guess it's not going full force fun.

I think that's why I may enjoy it more, at least so far. Sure it has it's serious moments, but I always loved the Saul character, and really enjoy seeing him get out of whatever predicaments he gets into. I do think the show is trying to find its footing as to its comedy/drama ratio, and I fear that if they go the full-on drama route it will be very difficult to measure up to BB. If they can find the right mix, then the sky is the limit.

I think that's why I may enjoy it more, at least so far. Sure it has it's serious moments, but I always loved the Saul character, and really enjoy seeing him get out of whatever predicaments he gets into. I do think the show is trying to find its footing as to its comedy/drama ratio, and I fear that if they go the full-on drama route it will be very difficult to measure up to BB. If they can find the right mix, then the sky is the limit.

i agree with all this. it's funny because i heard a lot of people say that the first episode was okay, but that it got really good in the second episode. i kind of thought it was the opposite. i loved the throwaway comedic aspect to the first episode and while i really enjoyed the next episodes as things got a bit more serious, i think in its heart this show was intended to be a comedy.

Problem with the show for me is that I care nothing for any of the characters except Saul and Mike. Whereas in bb there was something interesting in all the characters. The dynamic between Saul and Mike is nothing like ww and Jesse. The characters aren't as evil/flawed and there is no source of conflict except over parking validation? Come on. The supporting cast is completely nondescript and uninteresting.

I guess we were two episodes behind, just saw the one where the cops break down the door and tase the guy over the 50-cent newspaper, c'mon, really?

Just caught the episode with Mike getting his revenge, was really cool to see him break out of the strong, silent type character and show some real emotion, very impressed.

Pretty good episode last night. Those Kettlemans are nutty.

Anyone watch BCS last night? That was a very good episode. Felt really bad for Jimmy...(won't spoil it for others)

getting caught up tonight and looking forward to it.

The show just keeps getting better and better.....

And Mike is awesome. :)

Want me to spoiler it for you? :D

The adventures of Mike are hilarious and fawesome. Some traction with the Jimmy/Charles relationship. Overall I enjoyed this episode. Too bad next week is the season finale. YGBFKM!

getting caught up tonight and looking forward to it.

It sucks there is only one episode left this season, but then Game of thrones starts the following Sunday, so I'm not too salty.

second season of silicon valley also starts that sunday. you still have to knock out the first season, though.

I started GOT last nite. Exactly 1 episode in. Yeah, I'm that guy.

it's cool, you'll blow through it in no time and then you can enjoy the current season with the rest of us. you'll never believe what Ned is up to now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom