Best way to split up chips into 2 or 3 sets? (1 Viewer)

phcjpp

Two Pair
Reaction score
(London) + Shipping to Portland, Oregon, USA
Hey All,

I have a bunch chips that I just kept adding to where I tried to match edge spots. I was originally thinking a single relabel job but I think the collection is now too big for just one set so was wondering if people had ideas on how to break this mini-collection up into 1,2 or even 3 playable sets? As you can see from the photo its quite a mish-mash and I am missing a barrel too (see other thread :))

Best as always
Chris

IMG_0059.jpg

Looks like you could split it into a cash set + a tournament set. Maybe the $1s, three racks of $5s, three racks of $25s, and the white $100s as the a 900 chip cash set, or add the $20s from top left as well for a 1000 chip set.

That leaves 400 $25s, 280 $100s, 200 $500s, and then the second from top left rack as $1000s? Probably a little light on thousands, but could maybe make it work.

This would be a stellar cash lineup:
$1: FLV $1
$5: Le Cove $20
$20: CDI $500
$100: HS $100

Problem with this is you'd only have 1 rack of $5s, but that would let you put together a great T5 Tournament set with all the 5s, 25s, and 100s.

Those Steve Appletons should not be murdered and instead be reunited with the others, one direction or the other :) @Josh Kifer

If you're just looking for the correct edge spots for a relabel, I have an extra rack of VLV $100s. Happy to help facilitate a trade if it helps someone get closer to a full Appleton set!

EVPo11r.jpg

Could resist - how do you like those Appleton’s :)

View attachment 718235

Seriously though, you are right, they should be reunited if we can.

Chris
Well, the 600 made is it, and I've had a goal to get the reunited. Steve Appleton is a Boise legend. The 25s are most important as I'd like to play the set, and I can't afford the rest of the hundos if I'm being realistic.

Who has the rack of 100's?
And the missing 20x 500's?

Chris
Genghis has 2 more barrels of hundos, I got everything else from him, but funds didn't let me grab any more. No clue about the missing barrel of 500s and the single 50 cent chip missing. I honestly couldn't find the 25s. 500s I wrote off due to not being able to complete the hundos.

I’d probably just keep the FLVs together as a set (might liquidate 1-2 racks of $25s), and then build around the rest.

This is all awesome advice but not heading where I expected the thread to go :)

So, I have decided I simply cannot murder the Appleton's - they are going to Josh one way or another.
It also became evident it would be rather silly to murder a rack of mint Le Cove $20!

Having looked again at the FLVs I do agree with @Taghkanic that it might be better to keep them together somehow - they are mint and lovely.

I am now working on the best way to split the FLV's into 2 sets of 600 chips if possible.

Maybe

Set 1
1 x rack $1
2 x rack $5
3 x rack $25

Set 2

1 x rack $5
3 x rack $25
1 x rack $100
1 x rack $1000 (using the ones with no denomination)

It may work even better to drop into fractional barrels perhaps.

That would leave 2 racks of $500 CDI, 2 racks of $100 Horseshoe and 1 rack of £100 Irish Mikes which almost form a little set of their own given the matching edge spots!

Chris

Question - are the Appleton inlays original Paulson inlays or are they relabeled? I can’t tell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom