Best way to sell my vignoble chips (1 Viewer)

Pinball

Full House
Reaction score
In the marktplace I try to sell my vignoble chips. Unfortunately no one here is interessted.

What do you suggest me is the best way to sell them soon or is it hopeless?

you've got a couple big things going against you:

(1) no good pr0n in your advert. people want to see what they're buying. there's a reason marketing departments are well-funded.
(2) inconvenient breakdown. there aren't enough chips for most folks' games. one way to try to mitigate this problem is to state in the advert where a buyer might get more.

i think it would also be a good idea to add a price for shipping. people are more likely to consider buying if they know exactly how much it will cost. most people have no clue how much overseas shipping is. include a range if necessary, but put something down. i find it best to just state a flat price including shipping. you could include one flat price for domestic and one for international.

unfortunately there's also just not an overwhelming love for ceramic chips. i think you're probably going to have to take a pretty low price for these for all the above reasons. i would think something closer to .25-.30 each will get a buyer.

I agree with jbutler's excellent analysis on all counts.

One additional item working against you is price -- you have 'previously-owned' chips listed for 50c each, while these can be purchased new for about that same price (and the buyer can order exactly the denominations and breakdown desired).

I'd venture that 30c-35c each is about the best you can expect to get, and to get that price you may need to be willing to wait a long time before the right buyer comes along. I doubt you will get any takers priced any higher, no matter how long you have them listed. For a super-quick sale, somebody will likely snatch them up for 20c each..... some chip buyers are very price-motivated, but typically only at the bottom end of the scale.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

I've 707 chips what would be a fair price?

If I were trying to sell these, I'd be ecstatic to get $200 plus shipping, and would gladly accept an offer of $175. If I needed to move them quickly, I'd list them at $150.

Your asking price is the same as the vendor price. You will never get that, even if they are still sealed in a box. I think you need to start with 20% off, if not more.

Thank you guys for your help. A friend of my brother is looking for chips and if he doesn't take them I might keep the chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom