Best way to clean an old deck? (1 Viewer)

philhut

Flush
Reaction score
I have a set of Modiano 4 pip poker size cards that i love and can not for the life of me find replacements for. Anyway They have been well played and the faces are showing slight scuffing but still lots of life left. The issue is that they have accumulated grime making shuffling difficult. The cards "look" clean but compared to the unused jokers/points card they are "grimey" as heck. I was considering 2 options...dumping them in the sink with warm water soaking for 20mins or so and wiping them down then leaving to dry.....Or dumping them in the ultrasonic with soap/water @45 Celsius and letting them go for say 3 mins and rinsing them off followed by a same dry.

What would you do? I would like to coax a few more games out of these decks. Or any leads on poker size 4pip standard size or bridge in std size 4 pip that I could buy for a reasonable amount in Canada would be great.

eSkmQzs.jpg

3XZbbBm.jpg

edit pics added

I don't own any Modiano, but I have cleaned several plastic decks with Windex and a microfiber cloth

I don't own any Modiano, but I have cleaned several plastic decks with Windex and a microfiber cloth
windex ? I just use hand sanitizing wipes it did make my deck of desjgn feel alil weird after though like the texture was kinda gone and I hate that the texture of new desjgn's are is awesome

Microfiber and warm water with a touch of dishwashing soap. I wouldn't put any harsh chemicals on cards.
Agreed, mild detergent should be enough. If you want a fun time you can put them in the dishwasher.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom