best value retail poker table? (1 Viewer)

bigfruits

Pair
Reaction score
Hello amigos,

After reading decent reviews and because they have free shipping, I wanted to order a BBO table but I do not want a racetrack or a dealer position.

I am not looking for anything fancy or custom - just sturdy legs, no racetrack and no dealer postion. Would rather not have cupholders but not a deal breaker if they are in the armrest. 8 or 10 player oval or 8 player round.

What online retailer do you recommend with decent shipping in USA? Are there any builders in the DC,VA,MD area?

Thanks for reading!
-Z

email bbo tell them you are looking for a specific table with no dealer position, their value and free shipping is worth dealing with and the will most likely accommodate your request.

Strongly consider either a used table or building your own. That's going to be the best value if you can deal with the drawbacks of availability or skill requirements.

Check Criagslist or if you have another similar styled local classifieds. A lot of local builders will advertise there as well. I wouldn't waste your money on a retail table (when I think retail I think of the folding tables you see in places like Dicks Sporting Goods or online sites). Those tables are not really cheaper than what someone will build for you and a custom table will serve you so much better. Custom does not always mean expensive in my experience.

I am VERY satisfied with the Aces Pro tables I bought from BBO last year. The cup holders are your choice although all of that model had a dealer cutout.

If you buy from BBO and can wait I also highly suggest getting it on their Black Friday sale. They run one every year and usually it equates to a good chunk off the overall price.

email bbo tell them you are looking for a specific table with no dealer position, their value and free shipping is worth dealing with and the will most likely accommodate your request.

Thanks, Manamongkids, but I asked for one like I described above but they couldnt do it for me.

I saw those tables in your thread, Mr. Tree. Beautiful tables, chips, room, everything! Thats exactly what i need without the dealer position. Not as nice as yours but I would prob pay extra for a template graphic with betting ring.

Hello amigos,

After reading decent reviews and because they have free shipping, I wanted to order a BBO table but I do not want a racetrack or a dealer position.

I am not looking for anything fancy or custom - just sturdy legs, no racetrack and no dealer postion. Would rather not have cupholders but not a deal breaker if they are in the armrest. 8 or 10 player oval or 8 player round.

What online retailer do you recommend with decent shipping in USA? Are there any builders in the DC,VA,MD area?

Thanks for reading!
-Z

I have one for sale.

http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/poker-table.5475/

Depends on what you're considering "value" :)

Strongly consider either a used table or building your own. That's going to be the best value if you can deal with the drawbacks of availability or skill requirements.

x2

A basic but well built table will cost you approximately $400 in materials. If you're even a little handy and have access to a few tools, that will pay for a table that will serve you very well for a long time. Building a decent table really isn't that hard, just takes some time and patience.

If you don't care about the colors and depending on your area, you should be able to find someone trying to unload a decent table for half of that on craiglist if you keep a watchful eye and are patient.

Depends on what you're considering "value" :)

If you're even a little handy and have access to a few tools, that will pay for a table that will serve you very well for a long time. Building a decent table really isn't that hard, just takes some time and patience.

i dont have the time, skills, or tools. wish i had the first two, must be nice to build your own exactly how you want.

i guess that best value to me would mean a plain model with only rail and speed cloth. sturdy legs and solid feel. cheap shipping or within 100 miles for pickup. not the $200 table and not the $2000 dollar table. the $650 BBO if they offered no race track and no dealer position on the same table.

There must be a chipper in the NoVA area that either builds tables or has built tables before. I'd rather deal with a local builder/friend who will do it to spec, and you'd likely get real value in materials (and no shipping) for around $500 or less. I'd do it if I were closer.

Maybe try a WTB ad in the PCF and CT classifieds?

I'm in the DC area and I've built several tables, and can build a table on commission. Irish is in NJ and is a very accomplished commission builder as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom