Best speed cloth/felt for table resurfacing (1 Viewer)

Lent53

High Hand
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have the Barrington folding poker table and am planning on resurfacing. I have seen the threads about this and some options for speed cloth. I was wondering what you guys recommend or have used and like. It seems most people got the 3 yards of symbol pattern on amazon for $20. Just didn’t know if there were other good options you guys like. Thanks!

Do you want great, or do you want cheap?

For great, a custom Chanman cloth is your best option (IMO). For cheap, Amazon or possibly some site vendors can provide SSC (suited speed cloth). Unsuited speed cloth is slower (cards don't slide as well), from what I have heard.

Edit - I just noticed that this is for a folding table. The Chanman cloth is probably overkill for this.

Thanks. I found 3 yards of the suited speed cloth on amazon for $20. I know it’s not the best quality but hard to pass up for that

Do you want great, or do you want cheap?

For great, a custom Chanman cloth is your best option (IMO). For cheap, Amazon or possibly some site vendors can provide SSC (suited speed cloth). Unsuited speed cloth is slower (cards don't slide as well), from what I have heard.

Edit - I just noticed that this is for a folding table. The Chanman cloth is probably overkill for this.
Chanman you say? Picks or samples available?

IMG_20191206_191618.jpg

If I were to do it again I'd spend a little more. Most don't notice till I point it out.

I'd say pay close attention to the photos on Amazon when placing your order.

View attachment 396798

If I were to do it again I'd spend a little more. Most don't notice till I point it out.

I'd say pay close attention to the photos on Amazon when placing your order.

Thank you that helps. Just trying to figure out how much more is worth it. From what I’m seeing elsewhere it looks like it will be $60-70 to go up to the next level of speed cloth.

$50-$60 for a quality playing surface with superior wear and spill-proof characteristics is a no-brainer decision imo. It will also outlast the inferior cloth by 2x-3x, so about a wash in the long run regarding cost.

Get the good stuff.

Hey guys,

I have the Barrington folding poker table and am planning on resurfacing. I have seen the threads about this and some options for speed cloth. I was wondering what you guys recommend or have used and like. It seems most people got the 3 yards of symbol pattern on amazon for $20. Just didn’t know if there were other good options you guys like. Thanks!
I can only speak from limited experience, I used 1/4" cotton batting under crushed velvet. I know felt, speedcloth, microfiber are all the rage but I would say go to a fabric store and just pick what you like. So long as it's padded properly underneath it will have the right spring and the velvet was soooooooooo sexy! Fabric stores are cheap and the bonus is you can touch it. They are easy to access just about anywhere you are.

Attachments

• received_722178621611156.jpeg
    received_722178621611156.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 197
  • received_498458187418508.jpeg
    received_498458187418508.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 230
  • received_520726071988053.jpeg
    received_520726071988053.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 211

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom