Best software for rake free online home game with friends? (1 Viewer)

Esection

Two Pair
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a thread for this already but I can't find it. I know many folks use PokerStars but have had issues there with them raking home games (play money chip rake wtf?), leading to challenging calculations at the end of the night.

The group I play with is small stakes and a lot of non-tech saavy folks, so PPPoker etc are out -- need a platform that is on the computer, easy to install and use.

Are there any good, simple options out there?

My group uses pokerrrr 2 in a private club. Average age of players is very old and other than texting challenges it had gone well. Except for one guy named Sid that never figured out how to lift up his cards. :rolleyes::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

still need to pay to run the table right?

you need gold to host. best value is 840 for $99. You can use 8 gold to buy a free 3 hour pass. After thaT it’s six gold per hour. we okay 3 nights a week and it lasted me like 3/4 months.
The nice part is ther is no rake and the app makes tracking results and calculating payouts easy. Players don’t put any money in the app, you need to handle that separately.

+1000 for Poker Mavens! Look for the thread called Online Home Poker in the Home Game General section. It’s 30 pages long, but has a lot of tips on setting up PM. Some folks use Amazon Web Services for their server, but it is totally possible to just use your home computer as the server.

The Lite version only runs single tables, so the Pro version may be a better choice for multiple games or multiple tables. You can start with the Lite version for $40, and then upgrade later for another $110 (lifetime licence), or go directly to Pro for $150. Worth it IMO

My group uses pokerrrr 2 in a private club. Average age of players is very old and other than texting challenges it had gone well. Except for one guy named Sid that never figured out how to lift up his cards. :rolleyes::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Or that guy Mark who whines

ALL

THE

TIME

My group has played Pokerrrr2 since March. It works well for our needs. We usually have a cash game with the occasional 2 table tournament. We have one player who is convinced it’s rigged but he keeps showing up anyways. We use Venmo and Zoom as well.

I'm sure there is a thread for this already but I can't find it. I know many folks use PokerStars but have had issues there with them raking home games (play money chip rake wtf?), leading to challenging calculations at the end of the night.

The group I play with is small stakes and a lot of non-tech saavy folks, so PPPoker etc are out -- need a platform that is on the computer, easy to install and use.

Are there any good, simple options out there?
Why do you do any calculations from what Pokerstars has? We play using Pokerstars and don't pay attention at all to the Pokerstars chip counts, rake, etc. Oh, sorry, you must be referring to cash games?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom