Best Quotes (1 Viewer)

1623165570786.png

I always liked this version of the following quote better than the original version:

"Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett

Not to mention this version is pretty awesome also:

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Don't teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He's a grown man. And fishing isn't that hard." Ron Swanson

“I am defeated and I know it when I meet a man from whom I cannot learn anything” -iforget

I don’t want to be the best at what we do. I want to be the only ones that do what we do - Jerry Garcia

"You got a full house? Aww, I only got two pair: a pair of ones, and another pair of ones"
-Bugs Bunny

"Finish school, or finish concrete"
-Jake Thomas

Can’t find the video on YouTube (Thanks PokerGo) buy it was a mid 2000’s wsop PLO.

“I can’t bring myself to be a good loser, that’s for people that are used to it”
(might not be word for word)
David “The Devil Fish” Elliot
RIP

Everything I say is true from a certain point of view.

My adaptation of an Obi-Wan Kenobi line from Return of the Jedi when he justified to Luke that he wasn't lying when he said Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your father was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view.
Luke Skywalker: A certain point of view?
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Luke, you will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Anakin was a good friend. When I first knew him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong.

It comes in very hand at the poker table especially!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom