Best practices for shipping barrels CONUS? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Hi I searched but all I find are listings in the classified with the words "shipping" and "barrels."
Anyone have a best practice on how to ship? Small USPS FRB? Wrap barrel in bubble wrap? Anything else?
Sorry new to shipping chips and I want to do it right. Thx

Ok I searched again and found the threads d'oh!
There are a few different ways to ship a barrel. Personally, I use coin collector plastic sheet, that go into binders. Then i wrap that with bubble wrap. Then I insert that into a bubble mailer. Works beautifully! Super safe and the recipients are always super happy!

Good on ya for finding the threads!:)
IMG-20200317-WA0001.jpg

15867195506332650078105492087557.jpg

sorry to ask here, but how much should we expect to pay for shipping a barrel internationally? (here I'm more interested in knowing from USA to Canada). Thanks!

sorry to ask here, but how much should we expect to pay for shipping a barrel internationally? (here I'm more interested in knowing from USA to Canada). Thanks!
An SFRB to Canada from USA, is approximately $29USD. (MFRB - $51, and LFRB - $67)

If the barrel is worth insuring, I usually ship it in a Coin Safe square tube, wrapped in a flat-rate padded envelope, inside another flat-rate padded envelope.

I am a little confused. I am about to ship a barrel to the US and it cost 10$. Is it really 3x the price the other way around?

I am a little confused. I am about to ship a barrel to the US and it cost 10$. Is it really 3x the price the other way around?
Yes. It can. SFRB to Canada is $29.

If you mail an envelope, I've seen postage as low as $12USD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom