Best poker hand discussion ever (1 Viewer)

snooptodd

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
The articles I post online are regularly copied and stolen, which is incredibly annoying, but whatever, it's the Internet. When I came across this gem, all I could do was lol. (I didn't write the original, but recognized the theft as I'd read the original earlier in the week.)

I'm pretty sure whoever posted this sent it through Google autotranslate into another language, then had it translated back into English. My personal favorite is "Participant B referred to as." instead of "Player B called."

You can read the original story and compare here: http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/c...-at-big-tournament-show-sloppiness-indicative

(edit - deleted link b/c I'd rather not give the guy's site hits for stealing content.)

Summer time brings the World Collection of Poker — and with it tens of hundreds of poker gamers from everywhere in the world — to Las Vegas. The combination of gamers and types can produce the type of loopy recreation dynamics that you simply by no means see throughout the remainder of the yr.

However typically you see the type of poker that would simply as simply have been performed on a Tuesday afternoon in January. Such was the case with this hand, performed by two leisure gamers on the town for the WSOP’s seniors weekend.

It was a $2-$5 recreation, and the gamers on this hand each had stacks of about $500. A participant 4 off the button — let’s name him “Participant A” — opened for $25. The subsequent participant, “Participant B,” referred to as, and everybody else folded.

The flop got here Kd 8c 3s. Participant A guess $25, and Participant B referred to as.

The flip was the 7c. Participant A guess $80, and Participant B referred to as.

The river was the 8d. Participant A checked, Participant B guess $100 right into a pot of $267, and Participant A referred to as immediately. Participant B stated, “Good name,” and confirmed the 10c 9c for a straight flush draw that busted on the river. Participant A confirmed A-Okay.

This hand caught out to me, since every participant made the kind of errors which might be typical of leisure $2-$5 gamers.

The primary mistake got here preflop. Participant A made it $25 to go — a bet-sizing inform, since he had raised some earlier pots to $15 and $20. The $25 increase signified that he had a very robust hand. It was A-Okay on this case, however it might have been J-J, 10-10 or maybe even Q-Q or higher. It was unlikely to be a weaker hand similar to Okay-Q or Eight-Eight. It is a mistake to provide away a lot info so early on.

On the flop, Participant A guess $25, and Participant B referred to as. Each performs have been effective. Participant B’s name was truly fairly sensible, as a result of it arrange a potential bluff afterward if Participant A confirmed weak spot (indicating that a hand resembling J-J or 10-10 was probably).

On the flip, Participant A guess $80, one other bet-sizing inform. The leap from $25 to $80 clearly indicated a robust hand. A leisure participant merely would not guess this massive with a hand like J-J. Participant B needed to name together with his massive draw.

The river missed the attracts, however paired the Eight from the flop. Participant A checked. Whereas I in all probability would have guess, a examine was OK if Participant A hoped to induce a bluff from his opponent.

Participant B guess $100, a hopelessly small bluff towards a preflop raiser marked with a robust hand. Participant B may as properly have lit a $100 invoice on hearth. I might have simply checked it down, but when Participant B needed to symbolize three 8s with a guess, he wanted to go all in for his remaining $370. Which may have given Participant A one thing to consider. (Although he would have referred to as anyway, I am pretty positive.)

These are quite common errors. One participant provides an excessive amount of info away with sloppy guess sizing. The opposite participant ignores this info and fires a hopeless, half-hearted river bluff. It is simply one other day in Vegas.

omg i am never calling it the turn again. flip ftw.

"got it in on the flop and i was good, but he hit the flip."

I read this and realize how little I know about the game.

I had such a hard time following the action.

There was a whole lot of guessing going on. Must have been hard for the participants to read other. Both after the flop and flip...

If I play with A-okay, okay-Q I'm usually gonna shove. Especially after a $25 guess.

I am gonna throw out a "guess" and say this was probably run through a translator program. But it is a fun read.

I have to hand it to Mr. Ed Miller of the Tribune Content Agency / San Jose Mercury News. By the time he cleaned up the original, you could hardly tell it was the same thing! ;)

In all seriousness, kudos to Snooptodd for suffering through enough of the plagiarized story to say "I've read this before..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom