Best Poker Chip Racks and Boxes?? (1 Viewer)

Hairy_Crocodile

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey all!

Now that I'm starting to get into to world of collecting chips, I want to ensure I don't get tunnel visioned into just the chips, I want to find the best ways to protect and store them when they are in my case, or on my shelf.

From some searches, I have seen a lot of praise for the Bud Jones Vault 2, and bought a couple on eBay to try out. If anyone knows where I can get more, let me know please!!

What are your personal favorite cases and racks?
  • Favorite racks to fit standard size chips in your cases or store on shelves
  • Favorite boxes with or without lids for storing in your pelican cases/on shelves
Do you prefer racks with lids? No Lids? Why is your preference that way? Advantages and disadvantages of both? Do racks (or boxes, unsure of the technical nomenclature) with lids stack or fit well in pelican cases?

When I start to order more items to fuel my hobby, I want to ensure I am getting quality items so I dont have to make further purchases to be satisfied.

At the end of the day, what do you recommend for a new chipper? Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Racks are dependent on the chip - I love my ceramics from brpro so chipco racks are perfect.

Cases - search "Apache Case" here at PCF and you will see tons

The pick and pluck foam makes them way too versatile - they can handle anything

As for actual cases, I have a pelican 1485 that I love to death, can carry 800, possibly 1000 depending on how I pluck the foam. I'm going to be buying a nanuk 910 to tote around with my friend group when we have only ~4-6 players, so that way I dont have to haul all 800 chips I own with me everywhere.

The chips racks I have bought for the time being are no-name plastic racks. They hold my ceramic King of Spades chips fine from side to side, but you can fit more than 20 in each slot, so they shift around alot and make stacking them annoying when I have to move chips away with your hand just to stack them. I'm hoping to find some racks that dont let the chips slide back and forth in the slots.

What size are your ceramics? I think mine are standard 39mm

I have a few racks with lids... problem is, they don’t stack really at all. Plus, they’re very wide...like, 21 Paulsons in a row, wide.
You can stack regular racks without lids 3, 5, or 7 rows high without issue.
The Chipco ones from BRPro are great for ceramics and newer Paulsons. For used Paulsons, the 66.7mm Paulson racks are best, but quite difficult to find lately.
As far as cases, the Apache ones are quite cost effective and very strong. I’m personally fond of the Versa birdcage cases (600 & 1,000) because it carries chips in their racks vertically, not on their side held in place by the foam.
78B62035-C579-44DE-9C8D-91C4060C3718.jpeg

As for actual cases, I have a pelican 1485 that I love to death, can carry 800, possibly 1000 depending on how I pluck the foam. I'm going to be buying a nanuk 910 to tote around with my friend group when we have only ~4-6 players, so that way I dont have to haul all 800 chips I own with me everywhere.

The chips racks I have bought for the time being are no-name plastic racks. They hold my ceramic King of Spades chips fine from side to side, but you can fit more than 20 in each slot, so they shift around alot and make stacking them annoying when I have to move chips away with your hand just to stack them. I'm hoping to find some racks that dont let the chips slide back and forth in the slots.

What size are your ceramics? I think mine are standard 39mm
Same 39mm. The chipco racks fit mine perfectly. You can get them here https://brpropoker.com/collections/...c-chip-trays-set-of-10?variant=31345247715417

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom