Best poker chip case? (1 Viewer)

Afrotrout

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi all. New to this website it looks like I’ve been missing out.

In the process of buying a new set of chips. I can’t seem to find any really premium cases online for a set of chips. Am I missing something or could you help me find a premium case for my chips?

Thanks a lot

Many things can be poker cases.

zZLRNOH.jpg

Edit, added
(Link to my review of these cases, sadly the 26"er is possibly discontinued but the 20" on the left is still available in Canada, https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...p-actually-2600-chips-cap.66206/#post-1745875
)

Last edited:
Similar to the Versa case and based on @TheOffalo 's experience using it, I picked up this case from chiplab and have been able to fit 646 chips in it using the quick and simple "mod" @raynmanas went with. Shoutout to @RainmanTrail for starting that case mod thread.

Can't speak to it's longevity since I’ve only been using it for a couple months, but it’s been a solid solution thus far and seems like it will continue to be.

Mod1.jpeg

Mod2.jpeg

I really like the Nanuk line of cases out of Canada. They’re available from the vendor or on Amazon (probably others as well. For 600 chips, you’d be looking for model 920 with cubed foam.

That case will hold up to 800 chips, so you’ll have room for cards and buttons as well, plus some room to grow.

The 920’s are the 6 yellow ones in the pic below
82158E25-B162-49FB-A9B3-DCBA39A4B7C0.jpeg
DEB0F2B7-46CD-43B6-801B-6C2D54BECB4E.jpeg

The Versa 600 chip case is great because it holds the chips in racks and straight up. It's not meant to be roughly handled, but much sturdier than an acrylic birdcage:
View attachment 1038286
View attachment 1038287

If you're looking for ultra-sturdy, the Pelican, Nanuk and Apache style cases are the most robust.

Ya, these things are fantastic, as long as you never have to take the chips back out of it.

600 chips to start anyways

Impressive!

That vyper case is really cool I’ve never seen it before. Exactly what I’m looking for thank you
They are very nice, I liked the first one so much I bought a second. They are very well made and 9 months or so into owning them I see no signs of any issues with the zipper or trays. The shoulder strap is also very useful when traveling with that many chips.

As much as I like Adam Savage, he's a moron here. The foam goes in the top section, not under the racks, lol.
Or maybe he's just looking for a good reason to build something.
I stand by my assessment, getting racks out has been easy for me and I don't see an issue.

I found it very difficult to remove racks from the one I had. But they were the cheap China racks like he's using in his video, which fit CPCs and are a few mm wider than Paulson racks, which do not fit CPCs. And those few mm count when the spacing is already narrow to begin with. I had to remove the chips from the racks first before I could pull the racks out.

Perhaps he was placing the foam underneath in an effort to make it easier to get grab the racks from the bottom by lifting them up higher?

Perhaps they've also changed dimensions slightly over time? I don't know, but I couldn't pull the CPC racks out of the ones I had. I know that.

I found it very difficult to remove racks from the one I had. But they were the cheap China racks like he's using in his video, which fit CPCs and are a few mm wider than Paulson racks, which do not fit CPCs. And those few mm count when the spacing is already narrow to begin with. I had to remove the chips from the racks first before I could pull the racks out.

Perhaps he was placing the foam underneath in an effort to make it easier to get grab the racks from the bottom by lifting them up higher?

Perhaps they've also changed dimensions slightly over time? I don't know, but I couldn't pull the CPC racks out of the ones I had. I know that.
It could be that the foam was making the racks lean toward each other, which would definitely hinder the ability to grab the racks.
As long as there’s space between the racks, I’m able to lift each one out.

Working on it. I like the big red containers but I need more
NvtQew2.jpg

Chip Set Namenumber of chips
Horse Shoe Indiana5383
Card Mold Sloth Club3575
Majestic Star (primary) NCV4422
CPC Sloth Club2130
Horse Shoe Cincinnati NCV1300
Nexgen Lucky Bee Non-Denom1100
A.C.D.C Gaming School Inc.909
Majestic Star NCV1600
Prestege825

Found a solution to hold all of these chips in one container for use tableside. There is storage for all plus cards, buttons etc...

Horse Shoe Indiana 5383
Horse Shoe Cincinnati NCV 1300
A.C.D.C Gaming School Inc. 909
Majestic Star NCV 1600
9192 total chips & plaques with room for a bit more.

20230725_103352.jpg
20230725_103323.jpg20230725_103252.jpg20230725_103302.jpg20230725_103311.jpg
Etc...
Now two of my big red tool boxes are empty....for now.

A foam padded camera case from Wisent do the job very well.
Adjustable, durable and cheap (Bauhaus 25€), in 3 sizes.
8 racks (2 x 4) fit in perfectly (small version).
I use it with 6 racks.

But these Peli-case style boxes are for sure the best way to keep the chips save!

Attachments

• IMG_4726.jpeg
    IMG_4726.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4727.jpeg
    IMG_4727.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 60
Similar to the Versa case and based on @TheOffalo 's experience using it, I picked up this case from chiplab and have been able to fit 646 chips in it using the quick and simple "mod" @raynmanas went with. Shoutout to @RainmanTrail for starting that case mod thread.

Can't speak to it's longevity since I’ve only been using it for a couple months, but it’s been a solid solution thus far and seems like it will continue to be.

View attachment 1038247
View attachment 1038248
this is a versa case looks just like mine just a shade darker

I first saw this style case when it was only available in Australia. I found it on Amazon and bought it. It really sucks and you shouldn't buy it. It was $35 which isn't bad, but you can barely fit 50 chips in each row. The plastic zippers have that feel that they're going to criss cross and jam up any day soon. You'd need a mallet to get a deck of cards in the 2 designated spots. You can't tell if when closing the lid half if it's gone over the bottom part with the chips. I bought it for plastic chips so I wasn't concerned much about ultimate protection and it looked very portable. Not gonna have a sharp corner rip or scratch anything. Well it's headed back and I don't recommend anyone buy one.
Polish_20230816_181055990.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom