Best Place To Have Custom Chips Made (1 Viewer)

DonkeyStar

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first day here so excuse me if I am making any mistakes and please correct me. I spent some time using the Paulson custom chip creator and have made a set I would love to get made. I don't mind if they are ceramic, clay, china clay, or whatever other types of poker chip types there are, preferable china clay or clay if I had to choose. I would like to know where the best place to get them made would be. I found this https://abcgiftsandawards.com/39mm-totally-custom-ceramic-poker-chips/ , where I could get custom ceramic chips made but I was hoping to see if there was anywhere that would make custom clay or china clay chips for me. I have attached images of the chips I designed in case anyone just wanted to check them out. Anyway, it is great being a new member of this community and I look forward to all the knowledge that will be passed on over to me while I am here. Cheers.

Attachments

• $100 chip model.png
    $100 chip model.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 156
  • $25 chip model.png
    $25 chip model.png
    140.5 KB · Views: 149
  • $5 chip model.png
    $5 chip model.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 132
  • $1 chip model.png
    $1 chip model.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 25 cent chip model.png
    25 cent chip model.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 151
Hello everyone,

This is my first day here so excuse me if I am making any mistakes and please correct me. I spent some time using the Paulson custom chip creator and have made a set I would love to get made. I don't mind if they are ceramic, clay, china clay, or whatever other types of poker chip types there are, preferable china clay or clay if I had to choose. I would like to know where the best place to get them made would be. I found this https://abcgiftsandawards.com/39mm-totally-custom-ceramic-poker-chips/ , where I could get custom ceramic chips made but I was hoping to see if there was anywhere that would make custom clay or china clay chips for me. I have attached images of the chips I designed in case anyone just wanted to check them out. Anyway, it is great being a new member of this community and I look forward to all the knowledge that will be passed on over to me while I am here. Cheers.
Unless you will always have fantastic lighting, I would be careful about having pink amd red as base colors in the same set. While they look distinct on a screen, they can be difficult to tell apart when printed and in normal playing conditions. It's a mistake I've made myself and had to replace the pink chips. Good luck, I like your design so far.

welcome - be careful it's a bottomless rabbit hole you are falling down - CPC is the only game in town if you want custom compression clay.
find out what you like first get samples

I’ll echo the others and say get samples. Abc/brpro will make you chips that look like the ones you designed but to get actual compressed clays: classicpokerchips.com is where it’s at

And don’t get me wrong, the former make excellent chips, just way different from clay chips

Welcome! If you prefer china clays/ceramics/hybrids, you can get them directly from Tina or get Royal blanks from Apache and print your own labels from Gear.

Welcome to PCF. Take your time and do a lot of research. Go to the custom chips forum on here and take a look at what other members have done (check out all of the HOF sets too) and you may very well end up with some incredible, yet different, ideas. Good luck!

Thank you all so much for your informative responses. I will change the $5 chip so that I don't have 2 red chips and I am playing around with the designer at classicpokerchips right now and will order a sample pack. Again, I appreciate the quick and detailed responses very much. Have a good one everybody.

Thank you all so much for your informative responses. I will change the $5 chip so that I don't have 2 red chips and I am playing around with the designer at classicpokerchips right now and will order a sample pack. Again, I appreciate the quick and detailed responses very much. Have a good one everybody.
If you’re truly serious, once you get samples. A color sample kit from CPC is an absolute must before you place an order. The colors look nothing in person like they do on the computer.

If you’re truly serious, once you get samples. A color sample kit from CPC is an absolute must before you place an order. The colors look nothing in person like they do on the computer.
Yes, I ordered one sample of the 10 different style inlayed chips for $27 and one sample pack of all the different colors for $55. Thank you for the heads up.

I recommend ordering a few ceramic sample sets in addition to the CPC sets you have. This will give you a good idea of what the ceramics look and feel like vs the CPC customs. I personally really prefer the clay (CPC or Paulson, etc...) over the ceramics, but obviously CPC is double the price or more of ceramics.

Another option people have mentioned is Cards Mold, which are also ceramic but have pretty bright colors and texture. They are about half the price of US custom ceramics, especially if you want edge spots aligned (the Cards Mold are aligned by default). The major downside is time - these can take anywhere from weeks (via air) to months (via ship) to get. You can participate in a "custom art" group buy or order directly from Tina - the consolidated thread is here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ramics-master-consolidated-info-thread.65544/

It varies slightly by the mold but I would say 9-12 months on average. I placed an order in June for an add-on and was told I could expect them in February.

Ooof, I'll definitely need to get a non-custom set while waiting...
I ordered a set from CPC last about 10 days ago. Running on the A mold. I was quoted 4 to 5 months because they have a lot of A mold orders.

A mold is always running. But don't get it just because of that. I got it because it fit the theme of my chips. My next set which I am currently working on will most likely be DSQ.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom