"BEST OF THE BEST" TOURNAMENT on PSTARS

shorticus

Full House
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe have players build teams and charge each team an entry fee. May be better than forcing people to play based on regions. Just my 2 cents.

XBobdog

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a good idea in there.

Get rid of the money. I know that it makes it "real" but it will kill your participation.

with no money, see who wants to play. Chop territories based on who signs up.

we all think we are the best poker players, so the rest might do itself.

I know I'd like to play some of y'all in poker.

sheikh617

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Nuhockey we could designate like 4-8 regions and make it first come first serve. 4-6 per region. Could have it be a heads up style tourney where you go down the line until a team is eliminated.

Nuhockey

Flush
Reaction score
I don't know what would be the best way to run this. If someone already has a league set up on here that could help run it That would be great.

Beakertwang

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BarrieJ3

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in, lets do this! Is there a Vagabond team of sorts?

Where my Cali/MI/EU/Texas people at? Is that a people?

jig.gif

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I never saw this either. I definitely want to be on team massachusetts or New England or south of Boston or whatever.
And I vote for lots of games that aren’t just Holdem.

GimmieUChips

Sitting Out
Reaction score
No I'm not talking about the Movie and Karate Tournament below. We already know who won. I was thinking about having a PSTARS TOURNAMENT for the PCF during this COVID19 Pandemic to see who is the Best of the Best on the PCF. I wanted to see who the best overall player was and where the best "Team" of players come from. Which State, Region, or Country, or Continent.

View attachment 432684

Many years ago I used to run Tournaments at my old home(This was Pre-Marriage) where my Tournaments kept growing and got up to 80 Players and full Tournament Director Software. I had 9 tables at my very last tournament. We had full catered food and all the snacks and non-alcoholic beverages you could drink. It was BYOB for those who wanted alcohol. I miss those days of running Tournaments. I've decided to take a shot at running a large virtual Tournament on PStars so we can have some fun during this unhappy time of being trapped in our homes..

The way I think I would like it to work. We have teams of 8 members from a specific State, Region, Country, or Continent. Each team would nominate a Captain. That Captain would be in charge of collecting the entry from all people on his team beforehand and would be in charge of PPFF to the Captain of the winning team and PPFF to the overall tournament winner. I was thinking 6 from each participant. There would be a 1 portion from each entrant that would go to the Tournament winner where it would be a winner take all format for all the 1s from everyone and they would be crowned the "Best of the Best" on here. Everyone's 5 Would go towards the Team who wins this "Best of the Best Tournament" as a team. Points would be awarded to each team member based on the level which someone busts out of the Tournament. Lets say you bust out in the first Blind Level you get Zero Points. If you bust out in the second level you get One Point. Third Level Two Points. Fourth Level Three Points, Fifth Level Four Points, etc.... The team with the most points when the tournament ends will get the Title of "Best of the Best" team. I'd have to calculate it manually. I would like to keep teams to players in close general geographic area. So lets find out who the Best of the Best are on here.

EDIt - I just thought about what if multiple teams tie in points. The Tie Breaker would be the team with the highest place finisher in the Tournament wins.

I set up a Club in the P*.NET site. Club #32770055 and setup a tournament for 4/11 at 10PM EST. We can change the date and time if needed. I didn't post the password yet.

What are everyone's thoughts on something like this? If everyone thinks this is the dumbest idea they've ever heard of then I won't do it. I was just trying to do something different.
What about thoughts on Team size? Would people start contacting locals they know on here and begin forming teams and post their teams on here with the members and where everyone is from on team?
What about Prizes? I thought about keeping it low so everyone can get in.
What about points for determining Best teams?

Running something like this was in my head for a while and I'm trapped in my home so it gives me more time to think about it. I want to hear suggestions and also if people like or don't like this idea. I promise I won't drag this out like the Chip Cage thread. If people don't like it I'll just kill the idea and never speak of it again.

Examples of Possible Teams I just thought of. These are just ideas of teams and not actual teams. Each area needs to form their own team.
  • Team New Jersey
  • Team PA
  • Team New York
  • Team DC BELT (Maryland/Virginia/DE)
  • Team New England (MA, CT, NH, VT, ME)
  • Team Hoosiers (Indiana/Illinois/Wisconson)
  • Team Pacific North West (WA, OR, MT, ID, WY)
  • Team Michigan
  • Team Ohio
  • Team Northern California
  • Team Southern California
  • TEAM MIDWEST (MO, IA, NE, OK, AR, KS,)
  • TEAM TEXAS
  • TEAM WEST (COLORADO, NM, Arizona, Utah, Nevada)
  • TEAM America (HI, AK, & OTHERS FROM US)
  • TEAM Southern US (KY, TENN, WV, NC, SC)
  • TEAM FLORIDA( + GA, AL, MS, LA)
  • TEAM EUROPE (GERMANY, FRANCE, BELGIUM, UK, Russia, & from Europe)
  • TEAM NORDIC (Switzerland, FINLAND, NORWAY, ICELAND etc.)
  • TEAM Pacific (AUSTRALIA, NZ, HK, SG & OTHERS)
  • TEAM CANADA EAST
  • TEAM CANADA WEST
  • TEAM WORLD (THE REST OF THE WORLD)
I would be interested it run through Poker Stars.

Top Bottom