Best Micro Stakes Chips/Sets (1 Viewer)

RiverAce01

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
When everything in the world improves, I am looking into purchasing a micro stakes set for cash games I host. We play either 5c/10c or 10c/20c and currently just use my sets of $1/$5/$25 chips and announce them at smaller denoms.

Any recommendations for good chips/sets that offer 5 cent and 25 cent denoms? Aside from my Paulson mixed set I keep adding to and another custom set I have, I've been out of the chip game for awhile, so a bit unfamiliar these days with what is out there.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Pharaohs and Majestics from Apache have stock nickels. I believe they also offer nickel labels for the 43mm Royals. Only other stock nickels I know of are Monte Carlo sluggers from The Poker Store. https://www.thepokerstore.com/collections/monte-carlo-14-gram-poker-chips

Two other options, do 1/10th stakes with your current chips, or skip the nickels, and play .25/.25.

Pharaohs and Majestics from Apache have stock nickels. I believe they also offer nickel labels for the 43mm Royals. Only other stock nickels I know of are Monte Carlo sluggers from The Poker Store. https://www.thepokerstore.com/collections/monte-carlo-14-gram-poker-chips

Two other options, do 1/10th stakes with your current chips, or skip the nickels, and play .25/.25.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Don't bad mouth the nickel.

He needs something like this!
8v Cash set wip 07.JPG

Last edited:
Paulson or Blue Chip Fan of Cards sets have nickels and quarters (plus dimes and 50c chips, if so inclined). Both are relatively inexpensive, especially the BCCs.

I am looking into purchasing a micro stakes set for cash games I host. We play either 5c/10c or 10c/20c and currently just use my sets of $1/$5/$25 chips and announce them at smaller denoms.
OK, consider this for micro stakes, mid stakes, high stakes, tournament, pretty much any game, all in one.
And now I reap the backlash whirlwind......
1592418964523.png

I see no reason to stop doing what you're doing. Just take a good set that contains $5, $25, and $100, and read everything as pennies instead of dollars.
Custom fracs can take quite a bit of time and money to manufacture, so don't pursue this lightly.
Your least expensive option will probably be CC blanks, or semi-customizable ceramic.

Paulson or Blue Chip Fan of Cards sets have nickels and quarters (plus dimes and 50c chips, if so inclined). Both are relatively inexpensive, especially the BCCs.
Not overly expensive ($1- $1.50 per chip, but a pain in the butt to find!
20200316_083244.jpg

20200317_174205.jpg

Absolutely love these chips and they make dimes as well! I own about 400 of them but no need with plenty of nickles in play! The Fan of Cards quatters and one dollar chips are by far the toughest to find! I know the recent scrub donkey chips had nickles and quarters but I doubt anyone would sell... yet!

With the costs of fracs I would definitely say semi custom ceramics would be the way to go! Best if Luck with the serch and welcome back to chipping!!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Wow. Nobody freakin out about suggesting a non-denom set?
What's wrong with using a non denom set? I lean towards definitely preferring denoms but absolutely nothing wrong if that's what you have, my problem with that would be people asking constantly which one is which after 2 hours of playing!! Or ohh I didn't mean to bet that much shenanigans.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Interesting to know that Apache still makes the Majestic chips. Havent had a CC set since I sold my CPS set years ago. I've been a bit snobbish about chip "feel" since I started amassing my Paulson set, but I do remember liking the CC feel. May have to consider them when the time comes if they offer nickels and quarters. My main problem is both of my sets have $1 as the majority of the set, so I wouldnt mind acquiring nickels as a majority for the micro stake cash games we play.

We've done fairly well using the chips I currently have and doing them as 1/10th, but I know my players wouldn't mind having chips that equal the correct denom. Plus I just like having an excuse to get more chips ;)

I've heard that from many people on PCF, and yet, nobody has ever asked that in my home game (running about 25 years)
Must have filtered out the noobs early on... or maybe it's in our drinking water out here. I mean you guys have Coors flowing out of the mountains there... I expect the average IQ to be a tad higher! Lol

I've heard that from many people on PCF, and yet, nobody has ever asked that in my home game (running about 25 years)
I literally had people ask how much the chips were and on different occasions one of us would say "look at the chips"
Happened on all of these sets
Hardys poker club live stack.jpg
IMG_20190831_193302405.jpg
SPirit mold January Game.JPG

That is terrible, but honestly it happens to us also from our older members and drunk guys on a regular basis! Obviously the easy answer is we all need to move to Colorado!
These were young guys too! You're in your 20's LOOK AT IT!
More than likely they were used to dice chips and it was an auto question.

If it’s Paulson or bust, consider the earlier suggestion of switching to .25/.25 blinds, and using roulette molds or other non-denom chips as quarters to keep costs down. Lots of decent roulettes have been sold for as low as 20 cents per in recent vendor sales.

Doesn’t solve the problem of players asking what each chip is worth, though. And you’ll need to be OK with mixing molds.

Wow. Nobody freakin out about suggesting a non-denom set?
You rang?
I know the only reason I came here (and many other people, from what I've read) is because I was looking for chips with numbers on them.
If you want to own only one set of chips, go for it. But as long as you appreciate owning multiple sets, why not use the right tool for each job?
And while I'm freaking out . . .
do 1/10th stakes with your current chips
I see no reason to stop doing what you're doing. Just take a good set that contains $5, $25, and $100, and read everything as pennies instead of dollars.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Funny - if you combine the two solutions above, I can live with it. Use your current set, just get some starbursts to use for nickels.

Good call. I always forget about those.

No outer ring, known to have spinners. It does have a nice retro look.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom