Best Improvised Table? (1 Viewer)

WillAndrew

Pair
Reaction score
I'm heading home to my parents' for Christmas and have got a tournament and cash game organized with my extended family that I cant wait to play. Cheap China Clays will be making the flight with me, but short of having a Chanman shipped ahead of time, what have you guys found to be the best improvised poker table that could seat up to 10? Ive grown quite comfortable at a proper table and the sudden realization that we'd be playing on the oak dining room table horrified me!

If the oak dining table is the right size and seats all the players comfortably then you should be able to get away with just putting a blanket over the top. Maybe get some tablecloth clamps to put around the edges to keep it in place too.

yes, i should have said, what makes the best improvised table topper? the dining room table will have to make due, just need ideas thrown at me on what to cover it with.

forgot there was a "Poker Table" subforum. this should probably be moved

Not really improvised as it requires measuring the table and ordering ahead but I can vouch for poker table covers by the interestingly-named website sexy bloomers.com

Felt and foam cut to the correct size with a drawstring. Work very well.

L

If you want to go really fast, cheap, easy, and improvised, stop at a fabric store on the way and buy some car headliner. You can probably buy a long and wide enough strip to cover the entire table for about $15 and pick whatever pretty color you want. You may need to clamp down an edge or two to keep people from moving it. Believe it or not, the cards slide real well on it and the padding is about perfect for good play. (Don't get me wrong, other options are probably better, but it's a great solution for cheap and fast.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom