Best Fully Custom Chipset of 2021, Semifinals: Le Gold vs. Casa Mango (1 Viewer)

Which set do you like best?

• Le Gold

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Casa Mango

Votes: 70 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LeGold_TP_Lineup_01.jpg
LeGold_TP_Lineup_02.jpg
LeGold_TP_Splash_01.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_00001.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_00005.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_00025.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_00100.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_00500.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_01000.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_05000.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_25000.jpg
LeGold_TP_Stack_ND.jpg

Garner garner!

Not that it helps, but since we're talking about inspiration, here's a bit of backstory to my set as well. That is, to how my chipping adventure came to be.

Even though my very first chip set were Dunes, bought at Spinetti's (in the store, which was a planned raid), it didn't get much further than that until I, at a certain point, was able to acquire a larger lot of golden LEGO parts, and started to think what in the world I could do with them. After 2 stays at Mandalay Bay for work, the answer was pretty obvious - build a Vegas-style hotel! The process, from the idea to the realization, took quite a while, including finding a suitable name. One of the original ideas was More-o'-LEGO Resort, but I felt it was a bit loaded. and scratched it. Le Gold was more neutral, included "LEGO" and "gold", and felt kitchy & catchy enough! Then it was time for the logo, so I spent some time on that. Then off to building.

IMG_4230_LeGold_MatijaPuzar_wh.jpg

It had to have pools, palms, taxis, a marquee with working video ads(!), etc.

IMG_4298_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg IMG_4210_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg IMG_4219_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg IMG_4237_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg IMG_4240_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg IMG_4241_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg IMG_4243_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg IMG_4244_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg IMG_4252_LeGold_MatijaPuzar.jpg

And then, later in the year I thought hey... wouldn't it be cool if the hotel had its own poker room? And its own chips and cards and stuff? Why hello, rabbit hole!

I wanted to go for a more classic, yet colorful set. It wasn't easy. But after a few months of trial and error, and playing with various molds, designs, colors, etc., and then waiting for 9 months... here we are. The very first Le Gold chips, my babies, have arrived! :hearts: later, I also made dice and cards (with a custom designed joker), just missing DBs but we'll get there.

LeGold_TP_Splash_03.jpg

20200730_164956.jpg
20200730_165022.jpg

Garner garner!

Not that it helps, but since we're talking about inspiration, here's a bit of backstory to my set as well. That is, to how my chipping adventure came to be.

Even though my very first chip set were Dunes, bought at Spinetti's (in the store, which was a planned raid), it didn't get much further than that until I, at a certain point, was able to acquire a larger lot of golden LEGO parts, and started to think what in the world I could do with them. After 2 stays at Mandalay Bay for work, the answer was pretty obvious - build a Vegas-style hotel! The process, from the idea to the realization, took quite a while, including finding a suitable name. One of the original ideas was More-o'-LEGO Resort, but I felt it was a bit loaded. and scratched it. Le Gold was more neutral, included "LEGO" and "gold", and felt kitchy & catchy enough! Then it was time for the logo, so I spent some time on that. Then off to building.

View attachment 1008539

View attachment 1008542 View attachment 1008547 View attachment 1008548 View attachment 1008549 View attachment 1008550 View attachment 1008551 View attachment 1008552 View attachment 1008553 View attachment 1008554

And then, later in the year I thought hey... wouldn't it be cool if the hotel had its own poker room? And its own chips and cards and stuff? Why hello, rabbit hole!

I wanted to go for a more classic, yet colorful set. It wasn't easy. But after a few months of trial and error, and playing with various molds, designs, colors, etc., and then waiting for 9 months... here we are. The very first Le Gold chips, my babies, have arrived! :hearts: later, I also made dice and cards (with a custom designed joker), just missing DBs but we'll get there.

View attachment 1008555

View attachment 1008557 View attachment 1008556

Amazing! I had not read the backstory before. Such an awesome set with such and awesome inspiration built upon your existing creativity.

This has been the hardest vote of the entire series. I love both of these sets so much. Congrats to both of you no matter what!

And I also had never seen the Le Gold background/story before, that is INCREDIBLELY COOL!

Garner garner!

View attachment 1008539

View attachment 1008542 View attachment 1008547 View attachment 1008548 View attachment 1008549 View attachment 1008550 View attachment 1008551 View attachment 1008552 View attachment 1008553 View attachment 1008554

View attachment 1008555

This back story and inspiration for the set are awesome. I also really really like the name! This is a really tough vote because the casa mango set is different, but equally awesome. When @Eloe2000 first showed his inspiration behind the chip colors and edge spots I was blown away. Both of these sets are great examples of the high level of creativity from the members of this forum. Well done, both of you.

Garner garner!

View attachment 1008539

View attachment 1008555

This just drips with awesomeness, thanks for sharing the backstory!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom