Best Fully Custom Chipset of 2021: Final, The Poker Lab vs. Casa Mango (1 Viewer)

Which set do you like best?

• The Poker Lab

Votes: 41 33.3%
  • Casa Mango

Votes: 82 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Boy, that was fast . . . good luck Evan!

oSYvPsN.jpg

MQlL1j9.jpg

EekJTwX.jpg

SWgECCN.jpg

MFwWmPS.jpg

Vy8aqxh.jpg

xBR9D3l.jpg

Cud6x4Q.jpg

cTidkP0.jpg

z5BmHmr.jpg

ql76xIY.jpg

CHIP_1_Tesla.png

CHIP_5_Mushroom.png

CHIP_25_Newton.png

CHIP_100_Blackhole.png
F7A51912-C554-40FE-A4B9-B4C40728B8EE.jpeg

25¢:
Inspired by the electric pink sunsets that we can get at anytime of year that bath the city in pink. My daughters love to run and jump around outside in the yard when the sky lights up like this.

DG Pink with Lavender, Blurple

Chip-Inspirations1.jpg

Peeks0303-3.jpg

Peeks0312-2.jpg

$1:
I have always been a fan of water and fishing. My wife (then GF) and I came down to Miami for a week to find a condo and over the course of that week I was able to offshore fish the gulf stream, learned to spearfish, tried kite boarding, swam with wild dolphins and manatees, and caught lobster. The amazing deep blue and turquoise water and coral reefs within the view of downtown Miami has been a major draw for us and will remain the most memorable feature of Miami if and when we leave.

DG Peacock Blue with Bright White, Light
Green

Chip-Inspirations2b.jpg

Peeks0302-2.jpg

Peeks0313.jpg

$5:
The mango fiver. The inspiration for the entire set. I don’t really need to say more. They are gorgeous with their yellow/orange/red ombre and delicious and used to earn you five bucks at our game under the mango tree at Casa Mango.

DG Arc Yellow with DG Yellow, DG Tiger, Retro Red

Chip-Inspirations3.jpg

Peeks0304-2.jpg

Peeks0314.jpg

$20:
I love the tropical greenery and colors of the outdoors here. Bougainvillea are a great representation of that year round greenery and tropical color. My wife and I had bougainvillea plants at our wedding that we subsequently planted around Casa Mango and they now grow on the house and around the property.

DG Green with DG Prink, Retro Lavender, Green

Chip-Inspirations4a.jpg

Peeks0305-3.jpg

Peeks0311.jpg

$100:
The city of Miami at night from the water is full of gorgeous color while remaining calm and peaceful. Also a great time and place for tarpon fishing.

Black with DG Peach, Imperial Blue, DG Yellow

Chip-Inspirations5.jpg

casa mango-1-5.jpg

casa mango-2-2.jpg

NCV (Seating/Show Em):
Just something nautical and fun. And also the chance for me to use a quarter pie.
Bright White with DG Tiger

Chip-Inspirations6.jpg

Peeks0308.jpg

968481CF-8241-4EA9-9E3C-4B2E2CA32B74.jpeg

This is a tough one. I voted for both of these sets until this point. I voted @Hornet set. I love the artwork, and I love the uniqueness of his set. This does not take away from the casa mango set!

This is a tough one. I voted for both of these sets until this point. I voted @Hornet set. I love the artwork, and I love the uniqueness of his set. This does not take away from the casa mango set!
I also voted for @Hornet, but it was a close call. Both sets are thoughtful, and both have killer colors.

The inspiration photos for Casa Mango are awesome, and the logo is clean, if not familiar. The size of the set is impressive, and the composition of the photos is top notch. I would have never picked the $1 colors, but with the inspiration photos, they look great; I love that chip. The $5 is also an amazing chip. Even the $20, it didn't wow me at first, but it's an amazing chip when paired with the bougainvillea plants. Top to bottom, I love this set for it's personal meaning to @Eloe2000. The colors, particularly frac-to-five, interact so well in a pot.

The Poker Lab is a new concept, unlike anything I've seen before. The workhorse $5 is amazing, as is the $100. A splashed pot five-to-hundo (@Hornet plays a bigger game than I do) looks great as all the colors look great together. At first, I thought the labels looked dirty, but they've grown on me. They look aged, like they were written in a notebook decades ago. I also vastly prefer the mold for Poker Lab, and with the retro feel of the mold, it pairs perfectly with the aging labels. This set is timeless.

It looks like I'm in the minority on my preference, and that's fine. I think Casa Mango has more mass appeal and is a deserved winner. But I gave the nod to Poker Lab for it's sneaky coolness.

Absolute fire. Yes, this is a preference battle lol, both are gorgeous. I'm preferential towards the Lab cause then I could wax poetic about math while I bluffed off my chips.

I also voted for @Hornet, but it was a close call. Both sets are thoughtful, and both have killer colors.

The inspiration photos for Casa Mango are awesome, and the logo is clean, if not familiar. The size of the set is impressive, and the composition of the photos is top notch. I would have never picked the $1 colors, but with the inspiration photos, they look great; I love that chip. The $5 is also an amazing chip. Even the $20, it didn't wow me at first, but it's an amazing chip when paired with the bougainvillea plants. Top to bottom, I love this set for it's personal meaning to @Eloe2000. The colors, particularly frac-to-five, interact so well in a pot.

The Poker Lab is a new concept, unlike anything I've seen before. The workhorse $5 is amazing, as is the $100. A splashed pot five-to-hundo (@Hornet plays a bigger game than I do) looks great as all the colors look great together. At first, I thought the labels looked dirty, but they've grown on me. They look aged, like they were written in a notebook decades ago. I also vastly prefer the mold for Poker Lab, and with the retro feel of the mold, it pairs perfectly with the aging labels. This set is timeless.

It looks like I'm in the minority on my preference, and that's fine. I think Casa Mango has more mass appeal and is a deserved winner. But I gave the nod to Poker Lab for it's sneaky coolness.

I basically said the same thing :) well said sir.

Is Casa Mango an outdoor set only?

Yes, we only play outdoors all year round. We played under the massive mango tree, which is the basis for the name.

Trying to get a new indoor/outdoor patio/sun-room space done but the demand for contractors is insane (due to migration from NE into FL, recertification requirements after Surfside collapse, and overvalued property prices driving up ROI on remodeling) and general home remodeling project cost is currently up about 200-300%. It’s pretty crazy and frustrating.

Woohoo! Party time!

Thanks @JMC9389 for all of the time and effort running these. A huge thank you to @JeepologyOffroad for being terrific and important sounding boards and consultants over many months of agonizing decisions over the most minute details of my CPC sets. I probably traded more messages with Jeep over those months than with my own family members combined. Additional thanks to @ReallyGoodUsername for design feedback and ;) @MarquetteMonkey for his shaped inlay help. I want to also thank @Tommy for creating this amazing place.

This place has been an incredible source of enjoyment and inspiration. I feel like there has been a completely new wave of CPC sets and the past two years have been amazing. It was an absolute honor to compete with @Hornet ’s creative and innovative Poker Lab set as well as those in earlier rounds. It is an honor just to be thought of in the same class as these other sets. I have seen some amazing sets coming out in this current year and know some incredible ones are in the works. I am so excited to see what everyone comes up with and continue to push the bar.

B380309C-E91C-4698-BCAA-E65D92531449.jpeg
0AA88147-6056-491E-AC42-C3BA15B73A05.jpeg
C0FEDE97-8796-4272-BB2E-3791C8265F8D.jpeg
F8756F4E-086E-4077-B100-1BB114B1607C.jpeg
96B8AB4A-E62E-41E2-84DF-0482CE0109FF.jpeg
78DF8655-DDF4-477B-8241-58F2814687B6.jpeg
9897FD09-F59D-4DD6-ACBC-EA1FD40F12F2.jpeg

Congrats to an absolutely beautiful set to win it all. Amazing sets in this tournament. Poker Lab was also an amazing looking set.

This was a lot of fun, and I was honored to be included in the tournament.

Congrats to both for the finals and to the mangos for the 1st place!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom