Best free software for managing home games/tourneys? (2 Viewers)

TeeJay

Sitting Out
Reaction score
A simple program that displays blinds , players and maybe time would be great. Any suggestions?

Blind valet is good if the free version suits your needs.

Blinds Are Up on Android works pretty well.

Blind Valet works for a STT (9 players), but requires a subscription for more than that.

Thanks for the suggestion guys I'll check it out.

I have the paid version of Blinds Valet, Blinds Up and Tournament director. All work well with the free version for a single table. If you have more than one table - you need to pay.

I moved from Blinds Up to The Tournament Director as I wanted the additional configuration ability. Well worth the money if you are willing to put in the time. I was happy with Blinds Up - but wanted more.

I still have an old version (v2?) of the Tournament Director and love it. It's way overkill for what I need but I have no reason to use anything else. The fee I paid for it was worth every penny.

Talking Poker Timer works fine .... you can use a preset tourney or create your own .... blinds, ante, breaks, payouts, players remaining, etc. I have it for the Android OS. ...... and it was free

One more question guys, I've been looking over all these options. Any of you know which one will allow you to configure a chipset with 0.01/0.05/0.10/0.25?

Also Tournament Director looks great but for some reason won't run with my laptop. Resolution problem.

@CdnBeerLover I have it currently installed on two laptops and a tablet, the one laptop is a 2017 with Win 10, I have no issues and use it off line every time.

I really like this one over others I have tried. I first installed it on my tablet 5 years ago and then when I had to install it on to other devices I use silverlight to download I did it twice, and I just ran it in December..

Install once and your good to go.

Last edited:
I've also been using PokerDiY for many years, and have found it to be the best free program for my tastes.

Yes, it is old, and requires Silverlight (whose days are numbered), but I got it up and running on my new Windows 10 machine - and my computer expertise could be rated as "below average".

When it does stop working (perhaps after Win 11), I will be back in the market for a program. Hopefully there will be another poker boom before then, and a whole new flood of free software blind timers will come out.

One more question guys, I've been looking over all these options. Any of you know which one will allow you to configure a chipset with 0.01/0.05/0.10/0.25?

Also Tournament Director looks great but for some reason won't run with my laptop. Resolution problem.

I had a few issues getting blind valet set up to work with fracs. I didn't mess around with it too much but ultimately I gave up on it. Tournament Director is very customizable and can pretty much do anything you tell it to do in my experience.

@CdnBeerLover I have it currently installed on two laptops and a tablet, the one laptop is a 2017 with Win 10, I have no issues and use it off line every time.

I really like this one over others I have tried. I first installed it on my tablet 5 years ago and then when I had to install it on to other devices I use silverlight to download I did it twice, and I just ran it in December..

Install once and your good to go.

True. I use it as well, but I installed it years ago. I thought you had to install it via the website by right clicking on it in the browser once loaded as a Silverlight plugin. Newer browsers (and the next version of Firefox ESR) will no longer load Silverlight plugins, and I'm not aware of a way to install it without initially loading it in the browser.

True. I use it as well, but I installed it years ago. I thought you had to install it via the website by right clicking on it in the browser once loaded as a Silverlight plugin. Newer browsers (and the next version of Firefox ESR) will no longer load Silverlight plugins, and I'm not aware of a way to install it without initially loading it in the browser.

Ill try to look into later more. I have it installed on a few devises and have not had to do anything over the web with it for over 2 years.

For some reason it wont let me download it, even with Firefox.

Ah ok, finally got it to download. Had to use Firefox HSR and download it to my CPU

@chipjoker Appreciate it bud, after downloading it to my laptop it works like a charm, and I can hook it to my flatscreen through HDMI, cheers. :as::ac:

Last edited:
On Android I use Talking Poker Timer and on iOS I use HoldEm Timer.

You can define your structure and run it.
It displays time, current and next levels. You can also foresee breaks.
In Talking Poker Timer, you can also add messages like « color-up » which are announced.

The thing is that those apps don’t display players.

Both are free.

In the past, I used the PokerStars Clock app on iOS but it’s not optimized for tablet unfortunately.

@TeeJay, glad you got it working, sorry, I did not see post #22..

If you have any issues, or want help setting up, let me know, I have been running this software for many years, but it is pretty straight forward..

I just wrote a custom app for my game! That’s full on nerding out tho - and my day job.

Someday I’ll add more features and adjustments and release it to the public. Right now it just uses my set tournament needs with just some adjustments for players and starting stack.

Attachments

• EFA9FE5B-665C-461E-A43A-80C459166A4E.jpeg
    EFA9FE5B-665C-461E-A43A-80C459166A4E.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 278
For those using Tournament Director...

Do you have (or know where I can find) the table image for seating players rather than just the list with the seat number and the player's name? I'd like to show my players position around the table instead of in a list. I thought it was something that came with the software but maybe I'm mistaken. Any help would be appreciated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom