Best deck of plastics (2 Viewers)

Bullets06

High Hand
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a few new decks of poker cards. Wondering if KEM arrows are worth the extra $$ or if Copags are fine for scattered use. The decks wouldn’t see that heavy of use. I have been using bicycle plastics and looking to grab different decks for variety. Thanks! Or any other brands you would recommend..

Another +1 for desjgn.

Fournier 2800 and 2818 cards are a pain in the ass to get a hold of but well, well worth the search if you can find some.

Dal Negro cards tend to be on the thicker side, but for me that's not a bad thing. Are you looking for durability or a smoother shuffle? Kem's are good for a nice smooth shuffle. Just make sure you store them upside down with a dealer button on top of them after opening them so they don't bow.

thanks I’ll check out these threads. Looks like more than not, Desjgn seems to be preferred on those too.

Another +1 for desjgn.

Fournier 2800 and 2818 cards are a pain in the ass to get a hold of but well, well worth the search if you can find some.

Dal Negro cards tend to be on the thicker side, but for me that's not a bad thing. Are you looking for durability or a smoother shuffle? Kem's are good for a nice smooth shuffle. Just make sure you store them upside down with a dealer button on top of them after opening them so they don't bow.
Looking for the best mix of shuffle and durability. I enjoy the prestige deck I use now and how it shuffles, but I’m guessing they don’t hold up to heavier use.

Buy KEMs, Desjgn (DalNegro stock) and Modiano Platinium.
If you looking for bargain I will be selling some Cartamundi and Trefl.

quality wise...Piatnik is the best I ever touched
Are you serious? I mean their "paper.." cards are great looking and quite durable, for paper cards (actually they are mix of cellulose and silk... 80/20 or 60/40 depending on line). But plastics I had from Piatnik were terrible... Stiff, ugly and they wearied quite fast.
Or maybe they have something new... Post some pics of this miracle....

Got the set today in the mail. Love them. Now makes me want a Desjgn set in Standard Jumbo index poker size lol. I got the Bridge Jumbo index 4-color.

I'm torn between various Modiano, Dal Negro, Copag, KEM & Da Vinic decks. All of the top-tier plastics seem to have something more appealing than the next, whether it be the back design, finish, fonts, coloring, flexibility, thickness, face card designs, smell, etc. I just rotate through my decks, but it's hard for me to settle on a favorite. I have settled on three things; 1) high quality plastics, 2) poker size, & 3) jumbo index.

There is something else. Whenever I played with regulars at my table I picked KEMs. I knew that as durable as they are people do not destroy them or mark with nails (accually KEMs are most resistant to nails). When more questionable company occurs I use chipper cards that I do not regret to throw away in case of any damage.

For the sake of variety, grab an ultra-expensive set of acetate Modiano Platinums. Apache lists them for just $24 for a pair of decks, which is even cheaper than in Europe. They should be the best playing cards in the world today.
Being in North America, try Design for sure. Everybody speaks very highly of them; apparently, for a reason. I would have tried them too if I lived in North America. But here, regular full plastic Modianos or Dal Negros (same company) cost $4 a deck.
Piatniks and Fourniers (purportedly the latter being the former's manufacturer too) have excellent feel too, but not worth the struggle of finding them in a non-rip-off deal, if you are a person with limited time and patience. :)

Desjgns are beautiful and high quality but, coming from paper cards I love the faded spades because they are much stiffer. They stack like bricks.

Desjgns are beautiful and high quality but, coming from paper cards I love the faded spades because they are much stiffer. They stack like bricks.
What do you mean "coming from paper cards"?

I mean I played for decades with Bee paper cards, which are a lot less “bendy” than plastic cards.
I see... Only paper cards I played poker with are Piatnik. But for a long run plastics are unbeatable, but I miss Piatnik designs of face cards.

another +1 for Desjgn cards here.

Some consider them a little thin, but i love them, also they are great to shuffle over the course of a session.

2nd choice for me is Piatnik bridge, jumbo index. little stiffer but feel great and look fantastic.

3rd choice is Bycicle prestige.

good luck !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom