Best Custom Chipset of 2020, first round: Coyote Gulch v The Doxie (1 Viewer)

Which chipset is better?

• Coyote Gulch

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • The Doxie

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
20201224_141215.jpg
20201224_140923.jpg
20201224_141546.jpg
20201224_141729.jpg
20201224_141742.jpg
20201224_141754.jpg
20210611_172727.jpg
20210611_172733.jpg
Screenshot_20201224-143413_Messenger.jpg

Random @Ben8257 and @Irish sighting with Doxies in play in NJ

Beautiful chips, @markleteenie. You stomped my best ceramic set, Amanda's Poker Hall, in the first round of the earlier tourney. I'll try to put up a better fight this go around, but I'm secretly hoping for your set to take down the main event. Coyote Gulch is in an elite class with the Paymasters in terms of full face artwork that is executed well.

The whole concept of "fully custom" = clay is crap, as I believe that designing ceramic chips is a whole lot more involved than clay (spot style, spot patterns, center design, unlimited colors, rolling edge, filler art, etc). My humble opinion, of course.

Rant over. Good luck brother!

Beautiful chips, @markleteenie. You stomped my best ceramic set, Amanda's Poker Hall, in the first round of the earlier tourney. I'll try to put up a better fight this go around, but I'm secretly hoping for your set to take down the main event. Coyote Gulch is in an elite class with the Paymasters in terms of full face artwork that is executed well.

The whole concept of "fully custom" = clay is crap, as I believe that designing ceramic chips is a whole lot more involved than clay (spot style, spot patterns, center design, unlimited colors, rolling edge, filler art, etc). My humble opinion, of course.

Rant over. Good luck brother!
Thank you sir! I appreciate the kind words, but I can't even be in the same sentence as the Paymasters - those are one of my favorite customs ever made. I have noticed that most people don't take advantage of the full face of a ceramic - and end up making a faux clay chip...but each their own.

I liked your Amanda's set, but boy do I like these Doxies! I have a corgi that I wanted to use to make a nod to the Rounders set on the roman mold. I had the chips but ended up selling them (we always have a few regrets, lol). Your set execution is top notch, with the amazing hotstamping just adding to it!!! Absolutely brilliant.

I love the customs that people make and no matter how this particular voting turns out, we're both winning here. Good luck to you too!

I have a corgi that I wanted to use to make a nod to the Rounders set on the roman mold.
Nothing wrong with this exact idea...

dc_set_mock-3.jpg

...until you learn that the Roman molds are a beast to mill, and the corgi chips idea turns into CPC Lcrown set

dc_lc_set1a-2.jpg

And the Roman molds end up with a Doxie (the Corgi's best friend) stamped on them

Last edited:
Thank you sir! I appreciate the kind words, but I can't even be in the same sentence as the Paymasters - those are one of my favorite customs ever made. I have noticed that most people don't take advantage of the full face of a ceramic - and end up making a faux clay chip...but each their own.

I liked your Amanda's set, but boy do I like these Doxies! I have a corgi that I wanted to use to make a nod to the Rounders set on the roman mold. I had the chips but ended up selling them (we always have a few regrets, lol). Your set execution is top notch, with the amazing hotstamping just adding to it!!! Absolutely brilliant.

I love the customs that people make and no matter how this particular voting turns out, we're both winning here. Good luck to you too!
Just saw this
A: thank you for the kind words.
B: I think you are exactly right. I feel many people set out just to make clay chips on ceramics instead of taking advantage of what the medium allows you to do which is to stretch your graphic from rim to rim.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom