Best CPC colors (1 Viewer)

Tsarbomba

Pair
Reaction score
I dont have all samples but I have a bunch. For people who have ordered customs, what is your favorite chip base colors? What didnt you like? Sometimes the color u might like, when sample comes in, it might just turn you off.

I like all base colors (except Dayglo Saturn)... it depends on your specific needs/desires...

The only change I made to my set once I received the samples was regarding dark green. I had initially designed using dark green, once the sample arrived, dark green was too close to black for my tastes. I changed the design to retro green.

Reactions: 72o
Tiger and Peacock..

katy-perry-roaring-at-tiger-still.jpg

DG Saturn is my least favorite. Not based on color but the way it looks. It kinda goes like a plasticky opaque. Maroon would be my favorite if it was a tad more muted.
My fav colors are any of the retro colors.

I have not order my customs (yet), but I have a sample color set and for the base colors in the sets I have designed, I tend to shy away from the unweighted retro and DG colors and I stick with the weighted colors. Then I bring the pops of color with the unweighted colors through the spots. But that's just me. I probably have over 50 CPC sample sets from from people here offering samples using most of the colors as a base at some point and I can say I have not really seen a bad base color. It's all personal preference.

DG Saturn is my least favorite. Not based on color but the way it looks. It kinda goes like a plasticky opaque. Maroon would be my favorite if it was a tad more muted.
My fav colors are any of the retro colors.

Those 2 colors compliment each other pretty well (Maroon and DG Saturn) as spots though...
sec5.jpeg

All Retro colors undoubtedly, and above all Retro Lavender.

DG Saturn is interesting and can be useful; it's just not the bright lemon yellow appearing on most computer screens.

It's hard to pick a favorite given there are so many combos of colors that turn into cool chips.

If I HAD to pick a few (no particular order):

- arc yellow
- retro red
- maroon
- retro blue
- butterscotch
- retro green

I'm not a fan of dg saturn myself, but there have been a few mocks I've made where it just fit.

Last edited:
IMHO the best colors in CPC's arsenal are their blues (especially imperial blue, DG peacock and retro blue). I also really like DG tiger & blurple.

DG saturn is the only color I really didn't consider using in my set, I just don't care for look in person.

Kind of an impossible question to answer appropriately with any kind of all-encompassing relevance (does that make sense? :LOL: :laugh:). A LOT depends on the theme of the set. And even more depends on the creator. But for me:

Light green
Arc yellow (esp. newer version)
Maroon (when paired with the right base/adjacent spot colors)

Some good ones:
Light green
DG tiger
Blurple
Retro red
DG arc yellow
Maroon
Imperial blue
DG pink
Bright white

Some that disappoint:
DG saturn (unless you pay outside under the sunshine, in which case they're pretty cool)
every other yellow they have on offer
Light blue (it's too grayish looking)
Pink
Orange
Dark green

I’m also firmly in the dg tiger and peacock camp. Those colours a fantastic.

I also really like
Bright white
Canary
Dg pink
Blurple
Dg arc yellow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom