Best color for $1 chips in a micro stakes set? (1 Viewer)

Elio

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello! I am making a micro stakes cash set for a home 5c/10c game, and I was looking for some feedback in regards to the $1 chip color. I already have red and green blank Majestic chips which I am wanting to use for the 5c and 25c denominations. However, I also have blank white and black Majestic chips. Would you recommend using white for the $1 chip, or black? I can see both ways, as white usually is $1, however black does make sense in regards to the black chip being a higher denomination compared to red and green, while white is usually lower. Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations as to the chip color to use for the $1 chip? Thank you!

#teamblackdollar
352CFB15-5648-416D-A5D9-9540DD294D1E.jpeg
7C06D457-B497-4174-843B-23E594A0A970.jpeg
265F32D0-571F-46A9-A44B-61B368E8C4EA.jpeg
77CDAC38-361E-4DB6-AF9F-0DD14DC9B440.jpeg
B37EBAFF-A8CE-4312-8320-C7096D86B9CF.jpeg

That does look good! I do like how the black Majestic chips look as well, so I may be leaning in that direction.

Welcome to the forum. There is no hard and fast rule—yes, common current vegas colors are white or blue, but I think you should use whatever you like best. Either of the colors you mentioned work fine, but I like your rationale for the black. Go for it!

Would you recommend using white for the $1 chip, or black? I can see both ways, as white usually is $1, however black does make sense in regards to the black chip being a higher denomination compared to red and green, while white is usually lower. Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations as to the chip color to use for the $1 chip?
A picture of the chips or both prospective lineups is the best way to get a response optimal to your specific set.

Welcome to PCF!

Would you recommend using white for the $1 chip, or black? I can see both ways, as white usually is $1, however black does make sense in regards to the black chip being a higher denomination compared to red and green, while white is usually lower. Does anyone have any feedback or recommendations as to the chip color to use for the $1 chip? Thank you!
There are absolutely no rules here. There are some common standards but they are and should be routinely broken.

You'll have to decide what you think you like the most. Be assured that both choices are good, both would be appreciated by the rest of us once you post pictures, and both would be approved of by the PCF Advisory Committee.

Me, I think black is cool. I'm something of a traditionalist and love the white-red-green-black sequence for four denoms; if you're only using three denoms and starting with red-green for 5c - 25c then black makes a great match for a 100c chip.

I would NEVER! use red as a $1!
Drab is a white $1

I like black for a $1 but I think the perfect color, at least for me is a light blue, much like the Paris or the light blue CPC offers. It should go without saying I prefer a Cali color, just about everything else, then Nevada colors.

Check out our New Members Start here thread, I think there are a few things that might help you.

And welcome to the community!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom