Best cleaning without ultrasonic (1 Viewer)

Thanks guys I gotta clean almost a 1000 today for poker game tonight

Here is my post on the Poor Man’s version of the fabled ultrasonic -- I use a dollar-store or WalMart salad spinner and the “fake” (Lundmark) TSP with hot water. The spinner can usually handle 100+ chips at a time; in about 20 minutes I could do five batches of 100:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/ultrasonic-chip-cleaning.1691/page-16#post-517625

This was originally a stopgap measure before buying an ultrasonic, but it was successful enough that I never actually got the machine.

I made a jog out of some scrap wood and an old cutting board so they don't move around whole scrubbing. Then I use a nail brush to scrub the faces of the chips

20181102_152020_2.gif

Wow, this thread is super helpful... going to be cleaning some chips, some hotstamps - some not - and this thread answered questions I didn't even know I had!
Just be careful to not leave any hotstamps in for more than 1.5-2 minutes, the TSP/non-TSP cleaners will soften the foil and the mixing and bumping of the chips will start to chip it away

Just be careful to not leave any hotstamps in for more than 1.5-2 minutes, the TSP/non-TSP cleaners will soften the foil and the mixing and bumping of the chips will start to chip it away
Thank you for the extra hotstamp advice! I am definitely most nervous about effectively cleaning the hotstamps while making sure they don't get damaged. :nailbite:

Thank you for the extra hotstamp advice! I am definitely most nervous about effectively cleaning the hotstamps while making sure they don't get damaged. :nailbite:
I have cleaned tons of hot stamps. If you decide to do some you can reach out to me for instruction.

Welcome to the forum

David O

I have never had a problem cleaning hot stamp chips with metasilicate detergent in an ultrasonic cleaner. I have not come across this phenomenon of foil damage from the chemicals or the chip on chip contact during agitation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom