Best China clay set (1 Viewer)

I've had china clay pharaohs and loved the design and mold. sold them and got some nexgen (Dunes). have you tried nexgen before?

I’ll second Royals. Got a set recently and if you don’t mind 43mm chips they are excellent

Your best bet, like any other chips you might be interested in, is to get samples and see how they feel in your hands. What may be best for someone else may not be best for you.

Thanks to @ReallyGoodUsername the Royals sample set arrived today. My first impression is quite favorable. The size difference is not drastic and the colors are great. The sound and feel is very good for a non clay chip. I am not completely comfortable with the 1000 and the 5000 having the same spot pattern when the rest are all different, but I’ll have to get over that. The one worry I have is the chips becoming slippery. Does anyone use Royals on a consistent basis? What are these like to use after 20 games or so?

I have a friend who has a tournament set of Royals and they are great. However I prefer the Milanos, and I purchased a small set of 600 chips for low-limit cash games. Either option is great value for your dollar. These chips have been used in about 20 cash games.
IMG_5047.JPG

I have Milanos as my tournament set, and Pharaoh's as my cash set. I liked the color progression in the respective denomination range of each.

I see no point in paying $7/chip when I can 1/20th of that amount for something almost as good, serves the same function, and where 99% of the people wouldn't notice notice or care.

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for some advice on best choices for a China clay tournament set. Opinions anyone?
Royals are beautiful. I’m currently making custom inlays for a Royals cash set. For tourney they would be great as is but if you do r like the 43mm size I went with Majestic is very nice!

I have Milanos as my tournament set, and Pharaoh's as my cash set. I liked the color progression in the respective denomination range of each.

I see no point in paying $7/chip when I can 1/20th of that amount for something almost as good, serves the same function, and where 99% of the people wouldn't notice notice or care.
Yes...but PCF is all about catering to the 1%-ers

1640190252196.png

Majestic didn’t make the list?
My bad. I've always considered Royals and Majestics together. Its the mold. I would put Majestics ahead of Milanos. The colors on Milanos were always too dull for me, and they faded quickly.

Last edited:
Royals are great, but in my book the Dune's from Apache can't be beat. Just beautiful replicas of a storied chip. I just got a set as an early Xmas present.
I like hearing good things from for the Dunes chips because they are my list with the pharaohs and Milanos.
I was wondering for the Dunes, are there spinners that make stacks of chips topple over easy?
I picked up some $5 Milanos, I just wish they looked a little more vibrant. I really want to like them.
I just need $1 and $5 chips that are flat, no spinners, and look good. It seems every chip option has it's stand out qualities and drawbacks.
Thanks guys.

pharaohs is the set i started with, i like them a lot. just moved on and i wish i would have kept them to toss in the mix once in a while.

I like hearing good things from for the Dunes chips because they are my list with the pharaohs and Milanos.
I was wondering for the Dunes, are there spinners that make stacks of chips topple over easy?

I don't have any spinners in my Dunes set. If chip stacks are toppling over it's usually just due to CC's natural slipperiness.

oS69RZR.jpg

Before I bought my HSI I ordered samples of the majestics and royals from Apache. Both chips are great, from the design to the colors.

I couldn't pick a winner and would be happy with either as a set. You can't go wrong. I just went clay for personal preference.

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for some advice on best choices for a China clay tournament set. Opinions anyone?
Only china clays I'd consider for a tourney set would be Royals or Majestics. But I'd go with ceramics (standard, molded, or hybrids) before either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom