Best cash chips breakdown (2 Viewers)

PokerLegend

Two Pair
Reaction score
I am looking at getting chips for a 10 person table
T1, t5, t25, t25
What is the best breakdown for that with rebuys? What would y’all recommend for initial starting chips. Getting chips from @nlhenerd

Was initially looking at getting
120x t1 = covers initial 10 people + first 2 rebuys
220x t5 = cover initial 10 people + first 2 rebuys. 4 chips left over, but at least they rack nicely.
100x t25 = covers initial 10 people + first 2 rebuys. 4 chips left over, but again, they rack nicely.
40x t100 = covers initial 10 people + first 2 rebuys (that gets us to 12 chips) + another 7 rebuys at 4xT100 chips

I just want the best breakdown for the group. I could get up to 600 if there would be a better or more flexible breakdown

Both. A low denomination set
And a high denomination set
Low like the t1-t100 chips
And a set that would cover say a
10,000 or 20,000 starting stack

Well I guess that for sure makes more sense. Yes
But the chips I’m getting at first he only has t1, t5, t25 and t100

Assuming you are talking about this sale: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/2000-chip-set-jack-cincinnati.90430/#post-1862351

I wouldn't normally call those T1, T5, etc. ymmv. You can find breakdowns in the link I posted above that are will get you how many of each denomination you need for 10 players at the stakes your normally play at. ~500 chips is a pretty standard number.

Normal rule of thumb is don't make a tournament set and a cash set out of the same chips unless you 100% trust every single person you'd ever play with. It's too easy to pocket a T25 in a tournament, show up next week playing cash and add it to your stack and suddenly be $25 richer. Min sized tournament sets will run you about 400 chips.

Something you could do if you really like that Jack's set and if you know your game really well is say you are never ever ever going to play with the $25 chips in a cash game, maybe you play 0.25/0.50 or 0.50/1.00 with a low number of rebuys and you'll never need more than $5s in your bank, then you could use the $25 as t25s and go from there. I did that with a set of mine and am pretty happy with it.

I never ever thought of that. Pocketing a chip and bring the next week for the cash game. Dang. Great advise. Well there is always someone new to the group so I guess having 2 different sets would be best in this case. Ya that link looks good to help out with what denominations to get. Thanks

I never ever thought of that. Pocketing a chip and bring the next week for the cash game. Dang. Great advise. Well there is always someone new to the group so I guess having 2 different sets would be best in this case. Ya that link looks good to help out with what denominations to get. Thanks
Id say definitely buy 2 different sets. You can get good looking cheap sets in many different places so definitely do that. Also for a tournament you really want 5 different denominations. Usually tournament do 25-100-500-1000-5000 with 10k starting stacks. 8-8-4-7 break down i use and add 5k chips later on to color up. This is a great place to ask about different chips you are considering buying so get a cash and tournament set you can really enjoy. Id recommended 600 chips 160-160-80-160-40

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom