Best case for 900-1000 chips (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I am wanting to have a case that I feel comfortable traveling with.

I have 2 sets of chips with 900-1000 chips apiece.

I have seen a million things online, but as always, I trust the people on PCF even more.

What say you?? What's your favorite travel case??

How rigorous is the journey? I know everyone here loves the Apache type plastic cases for their durability and price.
I have the Versa birdcage case...while not as rugged as the Apache and Pelican cases, I like it because it holds full racks in a vertical orientation instead of tipping on their sides while carrying.
Here’s the 600, but it also comes in a 1,000 chip model:
FBDE27A2-DCE3-48B9-ACE4-515E95389FDB.jpeg

Last edited:
depends on how durable you need them. Apaches are great protection, but bulky and heavy. Id use them if shipping my chips to Iraq or back. Just for tossing in your car to go play at a buddy's home? Then the Versa cases are great. I have a couple of their 500 chip flat cases and they're very nice, and compact and stronger than the typical crappy aluminum china cases.

depends on how durable you need them. Apaches are great protection, but bulky and heavy. Id use them if shipping my chips to Iraq or back. Just for tossing in your car to go play at a buddy's home? Then the Versa cases are great. I have a couple of their 500 chip flat cases and they're very nice, and compact and stronger than the typical crappy aluminum china cases.
I agree with this. And Versa has two options for 1,000 chips - the birdcage style case mentioned above, and a more traditional briefcase style case.
People around here love the waterproof, shockproof cases. And I get it; it’s cool to store your chips, which you value, in a case designed to protect valuables. But for me, unless I’m tossing the case in the back of a pickup truck, or checking it as luggage on an airplane flight, I can’t imagine ever needing that level of protection. And if I don’t need that much protection, I don’t want the bulkiness of a case like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom