Cash Game Best Bonuses/Prop bets/Incentives etc for Home cash games (1 Viewer)

dvdestbn

High Hand
Reaction score
New here ! Just wondering what everyone’s experience has been adding in some spice to their home games. Whether it’s to loosen up the nits, please the degen gamblers , or just create an overall more enjoyable game. Some ideas I’ve had besides the classic 7-2 prop bet.

High Hand of the night- $1 taken from each pot that sees the flop and added to the high hand bonus, going to the player who shows the highest hand of the night. Pretty straight forward.

Bad Bead Jackpot- Everyone that plays the game has to bring a $10 scratcher as an entry fee. We keep track of the worst bad beats throughout the night , and whoever was on the losing end of the bad beat gets 30% of whatever money is scratched on the tickets. The winning hand player of that bad-beat gets 20%. And the rest of the players split 50%.

My game clearly consists of mostly degenerate gamblers who on some nights will straddle to the button each hand, the highest I’ve seen being a $64 straddle. I’m attempting to refine the game a bit and making rules such as only allowing one UTG straddle while simultaneously adding a couple of other fun incentives such as these to keep the players entertained. All ideas welcome (ps we play a super inflated game of either .50/$1 or $1/$2)

Rather than 7-2 we do the Tekashi 69 game, because you actually have a little better chance of making a hand.

We do a High Hand that pays out every night, but rather than rake the pots, just do $5 at the start of the night - nice and easy.

We also do bomb pots and pay to rabbit hunt, but these are less incentives more just local rules.

I played in a tournament that had a $10 optional add on for extra chips to be eligible for a Queen of Hearts board. Anytime a player made quads or better they get to pick a card from the board. Once someone picks the Queen of they win the cash and it be started over.

It can be done with a cash game as well.

One of our games features a high hand jackpot that pays out every two hours so multiple people have a chance to win each game. We also plat the seven deuce game, for in bomb pots, the occasional flip and have a house rule where if there’s and ace on the board then a mandatory straddle is in effect for the next hand. If two aces are on the board then a double straddle, etc.

A small blind jackpot is one I’ve always wanted to try. The small blind in each hand puts a pre determined amount into a separate pot and it can only be won if you win a hand while playing from the small blind.

Or you could just prop bet about what cards are going to hit the board if you really want to degen

I like the dealer button game as well, dealer puts a chip on the button and they stack until the dealer wins a hand and takes it down.

Also, with the high hand, make sure you spell out the rules (do you need to showdown, is it any hand that sees flop, etc.).

Last edited:
I like the dealer button game as well, dealer puts a chip on the button and they stack until the dealer wins a hand and takes it down.

Also, with the high hand, make sure you spell out the rules (do you need to showdown, is it any hand that sees flip, etc.).
I like that dealer button game I can also see people going all in blind for $200 just to win the $8-10 sitting on the button. I play with sickos haha

Rather than 7-2 we do the Tekashi 69 game, because you actually have a little better chance of making a hand.

We do a High Hand that pays out every night, but rather than rake the pots, just do $5 at the start of the night - nice and easy.

We also do bomb pots and pay to rabbit hunt, but these are less incentives more just local rules.
$5 at the start of the night is probably a lot easier for the dealer (aka me). Great tip thanks !

We do this as well but an added side game is the bounty for 2/7 is the amount of money on the button. So if the button gets to 13$ then the 2/7 bounty is 13$ per player

We do this as well but an added side game is the bounty for 2/7 is the amount of money on the button. So if the button gets to 13$ then the 2/7 bounty is 13$ per player
Wow. The value of 2/7 goes up quickly haha. It gets to a point where you should be shoving all 2/7’s I’m sure

At my next home game, I plan to do an aces cracked pot. $5 per player. If you’ve never heard of aces cracked, it’s basically if you get pocket aces and lose the hand without folding, you win the bonus money. Once you win it, we reset it.

We play weekly year round outdoors in Miami under a massive mango tree in my backyard on a deck that wraps around the tree. In fruiting season it rains about 200+ mangoes per day. We have a standing bet that anyone who gets hit while seated and chips at the table gets $5 from each player. No one wants to win that prop. Probably won't work for you unless you happen to have a mango tree in your backyard.

Last edited:
We play weekly year round outdoors in Miami under a massive mango tree in my backyard on a deck that wraps around the tree. In fruiting season it rains about 200+ mangoes per day. We have a standing bet that anyone who gets hit in the while seated and chips at the table gets $5 from each player. No one wants to win that prop. Probably won't work for you unless you happen to have a mango tree in your backyard.
Interesting prop bet. Now you’re getting somewhere ...:sneaky:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom