Best Abbiati & BR Racks? (1 Viewer)

Taxi500

Two Pair
Reaction score
Newbie here. Just purchased a new cash set of Abbiati chips (600) and Super Poker Worlds from BR poker (1200). I've done some digging and haven't found a strong answer on what is best for them.

How important are the covered racks for chip preservation (apache/matsui)? Is it better to get a 'tight' rack for chips such as these that stack such as Chipco?

If anyone has experience in what type of racks to buy for these chips please let me know!

I've personally converted to almost all covered racks. But that's just because I'm ridiculously anal about it. I think that for any type of ceramic (BRPro) or hard plastic like Abbiati, a regular, high quality rack is just fine.

I have my Abbiatis in Matsui racks, and there's a lot of extra wiggle room in space. I had to 3D print some spacers to keep them nice and snug.

I also have my 43 mm BR pros inside of the Matsui racks, and they are also a bit loose.

If you can tell us which size chip you got, we can probably suggest the best standard rack for them.

For standard acrylic racks, the BRPro ceramics fit great in Chipco branded racks, which BRPro sells as well.

What you don't want are gaps like this (Even with hard plastic chips)

1667428364113.png

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/go-to-rack-for-39mm-chips.95522/post-1974110

So my SPWs are 39mm and some 43mm and the bomb pot/bounty chips are 47mm

Abbiati chips 39mm only

I can throw my Abiatti chips in a few different racks tonight too see how they fit.

SPW 39s should fit great in the Chipco racks, But it also looks like you have some 43 mm. For me, personally, that means I would have to go with a Matsui rack that is flexible enough to hold both sizes. But that's only because I want to keep all of them together.

47mm ... There is a group by going on right now for covered racks that would fit these.

I can throw my Abiatti chips in a few different racks tonight too see how they fit.

SPW 39s should fit great in the Chipco racks, But it also looks like you have some 43 mm. For me, personally, that means I would have to go with a Matsui rack that is flexible enough to hold both sizes. But that's only because I want to keep all of them together.

47mm ... There is a group by going on right now for covered racks that would fit these.
That'd be great thank you. Idk what I'll do with the 47s. Only bought 30 of then I could just DIY something I suppose

With my Park Place Abbiatis, the barrel length fits perfectly inside of the Chipco racks.

However, I do not like the fact that they do not touch the bottom.

16674427922626766327461034756244.jpg

Crap... not sure where that leaves me with these chips.

Probably get the apache covered for them, and the chipco for my BR set

Stacking is the problem since all of that weight is now on 2 points on the sides of the chip instead of the entire bottom half. I'm not going to be the one to tell you that it'll probably be fine. My Park Place chips were expensive and very limited group buy, and there's no way in hell that I would put them in these racks with any weight on them; but that's just me.

The Apache clone racks are fantastic; I love em. The biggest drawback is that since they fit 39mm and 43mm, the 39mm chips are always "loose". It doesn't matter for display purposes, but it does matter if you plan to transport them. In those cases, I would use some kind of spacer (I 3D print my own).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom