Besides denom chips, what other fun chips would you make for your custom set? (1 Viewer)

But also we should do a "Taco bell" chip...
View attachment 710148
One gets added to every pot over a buy in... (if buy in is $100, every pot when it hits $100 you throw in a Taco bell chip!) Every time you accumulate (5) Taco bell chips... you get your lucky ass up and go buy 3 - 4 party 12 packs because well...

This is America, we are all hungry and it's the right thing to do! Yes I am ok if you want to order Door Dash but your ass is getting up to go grab it and pay!

Sorry guys I had to! Lmfao
Did someone say Toxic Hell?! IN! :D

I learned way early in my forum lurking days that our home game is pretty threadbare (compared to the veterans here) and one of the missing ingredients were bonuses.

So when we ever get back to playing again, we’ll have Bounty, High Hand, Bad Beat, MVP, Bomb Pot, and Old Man chips to spice up the game.

The Old Man isn’t a bonus - but a chip to designate a non-player hand which some games call for (to qualify or beat to win). We play some wacky games.

Saving money AND space?

THAT IS NOT THE WAY OF THIS FORUM, HERESY!

You can add that to my long list of heretical ways:
- condoning mass chip murder
- appreciating high end plastic chips
- dealing in THC solids before it was fashionable
- refusing to worship at the altar of NAGB
- selling in the Classifieds for profit

I've probably earned at least 6 hangings and 3 times burning at the stake

You can add that to my long list of heretical ways:
- condoning mass chip murder
- appreciating high end plastic chips
- dealing in THC solids before it was fashionable
- refusing to worship at the altar of NAGB
- selling in the Classifieds for profit

I've probably earned at least 6 hangings and 3 times burning at the stake

and a good quartering, like the good ol' times!
We got quartered at least once a week and whenever we disobeyed our elders, a burning it was, and it ain't never done any harm.

20210502_102052.jpg.8c5d9f33e9f9740f880f3795f64db107.jpg

20210502_102117.jpg.650020bcf735b8c7845fcb06d02bd130.jpg
IMG_20200927_132705.jpg.3c45f1934cc98069c96bfc384c146092.jpg

I remeber a while back @FordPickup92 recieved a "bonus" chip from @Poker Zombie , it was a really cool Octagon with a squirrel coming through a skull. We still have it, I think we discussed with MJ what they used it for but for the life of me I can't remember the response. Definitely unique and awesome though!
2017-04-14 09.30.57.jpg

Used for bonuses. Sometimes a Bounty, but sometimes we will have a nightly bonus where the first hand won of each Multi-table-tournament level receives a chip, with the most chips getting a half-buy-in prize at the end of the night. Other uses too! They are bonus chips limited by imagination, so we have had some 30+ different uses so far.

Bumping this because why not! Would love to hear of some cash game specific fun non denom chips :)

Anyone ever try using time bank chips like they do in Hustler? Just curious :)

Bumping this because why not! Would love to hear of some cash game specific fun non denom chips :)

Anyone ever try using time bank chips like they do in Hustler? Just curious :)
I don't think Bank chips are useful for causal home cash game like the Hustler do but I will see some usefulness at Tourney

Not to mention someone have to manage the stop clock every time, i bet the Hustler Dealer hate the timer portion

We use the Show ‘Em chip at our home game.

Everybody gets one to start the night. Tossing it in indicates a fold and winner shows his hand. have played with them two ways and our group is split on preference:
A) you have your one chip to use for the night and that’s it
B) the winner of the hand keeps the chip for future use. Thus you can accumulate a couple of them over the course of an evening and they keep circulating as they are played.

PS I also have some ‘stfu’ chips but not sure what to do with these lol

We use the Show ‘Em chip at our home game.

Everybody gets one to start the night. Tossing it in indicates a fold and winner shows his hand. have played with them two ways and our group is split on preference:
A) you have your one chip to use for the night and that’s it
B) the winner of the hand keeps the chip for future use. Thus you can accumulate a couple of them over the course of an evening and they keep circulating as they are played.

PS I also have some ‘stfu’ chips but not sure what to do with these lol
Which option do you like better personally?

Which option do you like better personally?
I like the one per customer per evening better. It lets you scratch that ‘I’ve just got to know itch’ and doesn’t make the people who never show too uncomfortable. When they keep in circulation, I think too many hands are shown in the evening.

View attachment 711088

Used for bonuses. Sometimes a Bounty, but sometimes we will have a nightly bonus where the first hand won of each Multi-table-tournament level receives a chip, with the most chips getting a half-buy-in prize at the end of the night. Other uses too! They are bonus chips limited by imagination, so we have had some 30+ different uses so far.

I somehow have a small stack of these. Don't know how I got them. But my granddaughter loves them. :)

Edited to fix a typo

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom