Berry Bageled (1 Viewer)

Mojo1312

Full House
Reaction score
For twenty years I have lived in fear that one day I would leave the door wide open for someone to take advantage of my good-naturedness like I did to Chad when I berry-bageled him.

Yes, I set him up good, and he didn’t see it coming. In my defense, he bought it on himself the day his girlfriend dropped off a gift bag at work that contained a CD of his favorite musical artist – Phil Collins. Needless to say, he became a prime candidate for my amusement.

There was a Dunkin Donuts directly across the street from where we worked. Occasionally, I would make a morning run over there to pick up a breakfast croissant. Usually, I would ask others in the office if they wanted anything. One morning, Chad said he would take a ham, cheese and egg bagel. I asked him what kind of bagel would he like. Being such a nice guy, he said it didn’t matter. I pressed him. “Would you like a plain bagel, an onion bagel, everything?” “It doesn’t matter, I like them all” was his reply.

Okay. I don’t like bagels. I never buy them; therefore there is no reason for me to familiarize myself with the different varieties that Dunkin Donuts had to offer, which is why I asked the cashier to recite the flavors for me. Nothing jumped out, so I decided to stick with plain. That is when I saw the door of opportunity open. “Hold on!” I said. “You have a berry bagel?” “That sounds good.” -- Because toasted bread loaded with fruit goes really well with ham, eggs and cheese.

I gave Chad his bagel sandwich. He took a bite, then another, chewing more slowly. Then he lifted his head and stared in my direction. I looked blankly at him while eating my croissant. “What did you do to my breakfast bagel?” He asked. “Nothing,” I said. He took another bite, making a face at the peculiar taste in his mouth. He did this a couple of times before pausing again to ask me what I had done to his sandwich. “Chad, I ordered a ham, egg and cheese bagel like you asked. There is nothing wrong with your sandwich.” For some reason, he wasn’t convinced. He took apart the bagel, inspecting the different layers carefully. Satisfied, he began eating once more, continuing to make faces as he broke down the sandwich into small pieces that could easily be swallowed. Half way through, he stopped. This time, he extended his arm out at eye level with bagel in hand. He gave it one last hard look of disgust before throwing it into the trash.

Well the day has finally arrived where I too have been berry bageled. I showed indifference after expressing an interest in an item and now a hoax has been perpetrated on me by a highly respected member of this community. And I am afraid he may have had an accomplice.

Any advice on what I should do?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom