Ben's games, chips, and random crap thread (1 Viewer)

Very nice, where are you thinking of inserting DGT? If you go scroll mold you kinda sorta have to go oversize on the $20 and $100 yeah? ;)

Very nice, where are you thinking of inserting DGT? If you go scroll mold you kinda sorta have to go oversize on the $20 and $100 yeah? ;)

Of course. But you mean the $2k and $10k - because we're just that baller 'round here. :cool:

DG Tiger could be considered anywhere you see any shade of orange. Particularly the $2k base though - I know I want orange, but I don't know that I'm super-happy with any of the existing shades there.

25/100/500/2k/10k? I like it... Just give ample notice when they're going in play so I can get a plane ticket ;)

Reactions: Ben
Just for fun, I'll toss out a mockup. This one's not getting done for a while, but I'd say it's definitely getting done. Anxiously awaiting DG Tiger and scroll mold samples...

View attachment 14122
I'm sure others will, but I don't have much to add to this. Looks pretty damn good already

A lot of blue in that tourney set.

Of course. But you mean the $2k and $10k - because we're just that baller 'round here. :cool:

DG Tiger could be considered anywhere you see any shade of orange. Particularly the $2k base though - I know I want orange, but I don't know that I'm super-happy with any of the existing shades there.

I had a similar issue with the oranges available. I had a 7th chip planned at one point, but it was eventually dropped from the lineup due to lack of "stunning". However, it there is a Tennessee Meetup planned, I just may add-on a commemorative chip so it can be made.

With white viva inlays?

Nope. That wouldn't be very "bumfuck," now would it? ;)

A lot of blue in that tourney set.

Dude, there's one blue chip, and two small blue spots. This is me showing massive restraint. I could make every chip blue, and be happy. Players might not be...

I had a similar issue with the oranges available. I had a 7th chip planned at one point, but it was eventually dropped from the lineup due to lack of "stunning". However, it there is a Tennessee Meetup planned, I just may add-on a commemorative chip so it can be made.

Oh geez, I hadn't even thought of that. Another design constraint: must NOT match Rocky Top Orange. :rolleyes:

Blurple = Blue & Purple
Imperial Blue = Blue

Without consulting Photoshop, I would estimate the Grey to be composed of 130 parts Red, 150 parts Green, and 170 parts Blue. So...
Grey = Blue

Will it result in dirty stacks? I don't think so, it's just a lot of blue.

Would the inlays be radically different in the all-blue chip set? Blue Chip Poker Club...

Now I need BCC's for a relabel project...

It's clearly NOT a lot of blue so not sure what planet that's coming from, it's spread out with the two blue spots. Nice design, Ben. One change to consider would be use black spot on the gray chip instead of imp. blue. If doing so, I'd prolly change the light blue on the peach/tiger chip to blue or imp. blue.

BenMock.png
Just a little tweak. What do you think?

One change to consider would be use black spot on the gray chip instead of imp. blue. If doing so, I'd prolly change the light blue on the peach/tiger chip to blue or imp. blue.

Couldn't do it - already have black-on-gray chip in the VL set and the imp. blue spot is the big selling point for that chip, for me (reminiscent of GCOP hundo - best chip in that set easily, and the whole set's awesome.)

The only one I'm not 110% happy with is the peach/orange chip. But I think I might be in-person - the rendering of the oranges in the chip tool has always seemed slightly off to me.

Pic of antler ceiling fans in context of poker room, please. Also, in for bumfuck samples, unless all blue.

#pagingp5woody4riverboatdealerart

Pic of antler ceiling fans in context of poker room, please.

Original pic from when we first moved in. Layout still the same.

img_0281-jpg.4129

#pagingp5woody4riverboatdealerart

I wish that were that simple. Riverboat art is jointly owned by mspatton and imthatguy - neither of whom I've ever had any interaction with, and both of whom have been off the grid for a few years AFAIK. Even if I managed to get ahold of them, they'd be just as likely to tell me to F myself (hopefully more nicely) unless I paid them enough to make it worth their while. Seems like more trouble than it's worth, regardless.

I wish that were that simple. Riverboat art is jointly owned by mspatton and imthatguy - neither of whom I've ever had any interaction with, and both of whom have been off the grid for a few years AFAIK. Even if I managed to get ahold of them, they'd be just as likely to tell me to F myself (hopefully more nicely) unless I paid them enough to make it worth their while. Seems like more trouble than it's worth, regardless.

At one point, I think I had reached out to MSPatton about doing a 5000K Riverboat plaque. I think he was receptive to the idea, but at the same time he had been working on a Mardi Gras 5000 Chip with J5 that I was maybe going to use instead. I remember seeing the design, and it was pretty sweet, but BCC sold out before it was ever produced. Whats interesting, is that I believe J5 did the Mardi Gras line, which uses all the same spot configurations as the Original Riverboats, and I think he also did the Riverboat v2 chips. My guess is that all of the artwork is owned by MSPatton.

Definitely keep me posted if you ever pursue further.

A couple of long-overdue additions:

1) Oak display cases for samples (from sfdisplay on eBay) - many thanks to @abby99 for the recommendation, these are sweet!

2) After YEARS of combing CL on a weekly basis, I finally found a really nice deal on some REALLY good chairs that would work for me. 12 gently-used Steelcase Turnstone chairs, $30 each. These things are like TRKs to the china-clay chairs in the corner. And finally the search is OVER!!! [emoji2]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458664881.691585.jpg

A couple of long-overdue additions:

1) Oak display cases for samples (from sfdisplay on eBay) - many thanks to @abby99 for the recommendation, these are sweet!

2) After YEARS of combing CL on a weekly basis, I finally found a really nice deal on some REALLY good chairs that would work for me. 12 gently-used Steelcase Turnstone chairs, $30 each. These things are like TRKs to the china-clay chairs in the corner. And finally the search is OVER!!! [emoji2]

View attachment 35722
It seems ridiculous to me but chairs are the hardest part of the whole thing to put together. Congrats on the find.

lookin' good, Ben!

And I agree about chairs. I have 4 sets and need to thin the herd lol.

Chairs are also the last consideration of many hosts. My chairs are ok, but I'd like to upgrade. It's probably blasphemous to say this here, but to me the importance of gear is:

Chairs
Table
Cards
Chips

People will pay thousands for chips, and then sit on $10 folding chairs. If it's not comfortable for 12 hours, it's the wrong chair.

Broke in the new chairs last night - very comfortable even playing until 5 a.m. :D

Started with a $40 tournament then switched to cash. Played holdem for a bit and I don't think more than $20 changed hands in any hand - then we decided to mix in some PLO. :eek:

4-way all-in pre on the first hand lol (4th player made the call after the pic was taken):

IMG_0786.JPG

Mike the Nuts makes a huge river bet:

IMG_0787.JPG

Host ground out a $45 win in 10 hours of poker. Professional skillz! :rolleyes:

Broke in the new chairs last night - very comfortable even playing until 5 a.m. :D

Started with a $40 tournament then switched to cash. Played holdem for a bit and I don't think more than $20 changed hands in any hand - then we decided to mix in some PLO. :eek:

4-way all-in pre on the first hand lol (4th player made the call after the pic was taken):

View attachment 36102

Mike the Nuts makes a huge river bet:

View attachment 36103

Host ground out a $45 win in 10 hours of poker. Professional skillz! :rolleyes:
Hey it may be $4.50 an hour, but it's TAX FREE!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom