Giveaway Benjaminotaur's Table Build Anniversary Giveaway (2 Viewers)

Benjaminotaur

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellow PCFers!

In the spirit of what so many of you do when hitting a milestone of some sort, I would like to run a giveaway to commemorate the one year anniversary of starting my table rebuild. I didn’t chronicle the build on here as I went because I didn’t think anyone would be interested in that kind of thing. (Oh how naive that young Benjaminotaur was). Instead, I dumped all of my IG posts into one long thread. Maybe if I had been more vocal about my journey, I could have saved some of the headaches along the way from those who had tread this ground before!

If you want the story, (Because it's amazing, funny, heartfelt, and inspirational, that’s why!) you can read about it here in this shameless self promotional plug

When I completed that build, I thought I was done for good. With everything. (Naive? Nooooooooooooooooo………..)

I pulled those tables out into the crisp October sunlight to capture them in their full glory, and they were everything I could have wanted. To cap off the photos, I had to get some splashed pot photos in there, right??? So I went for it and dumped some of my prized Claysmith Bluff Canyon chips all over that table. As you can see below, I was King of All Creation. The best and most refined poker player on the planet.

Claysmith pr0n.JPG

OK fine. State.

City??

Block?????

*Sigh* I told you I was naive.

Disclaimer: I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Claysmith chips. They served us well for two+ years, and I’m not sure I could have afforded anything much better until recently anyhow. But as far as chip tiers go, they are not the pinnacle, as I once thought. Plus, the flashing on the edge of the Claysmith chips snagged the fibers on my table, and the only reasonable solution was to ditch them and invest in thousands of high quality poker chips.

Brooks meme.JPG

A big shout out to @RivieraDanny for selling me my first Paulson chips that appear in the retaken splash pot photos that made the PCF post!

So as I take stock of my oversights, I want to be one of the members here who share their knowledge and steer others away from making the same mistakes I made in my youth (of one year ago). Which brings us to the giveaway. I want to spread the love of buying whatever chips you can afford and will work for your game. But mostly to say that whatever you think is the best thing ever might not be right for everyone, or even for you in 6 months.

On to the good stuff! I was heavily inspired on what to give away by the bright blue playing surface I picked and still love. When the pot is mounded in the middle of the table, it reminds me of a sanctuary. A symbol of hope and sustaining life. So up for grabs is a Treasure Island 500 piece cards mold cash set, as seen in improved splashed pot pictures below. Every member is eligible, and bonus entries will be given to those who meet the criteria below.

To enter, just follow these three steps in a single post:

1. Type “Benjaminotaur’s poker tables are awesome!”
  2. Tag yourself in the post
  3. Post a picture of your poker table or playing surface

Everyone who completes the three steps above gets an entry.

You will get an extra entry if:

a.) Your playing surface is blue
2.) You’re a supporting member
D.) You’ve been a PCF member for 6 months or less (x 2 if it’s been 3 months or less)

That’s a total of 5 possible chances to win per member! Entires will be accepted until 9/28/22 at 23:59 Eastern Time. I’ll do a randomized drawing to determine the winner, probably the first weekend in October. Chips and CONUS shipping will be provided by me. (International members still eligible, I give you a credit towards shipping if you win) After that, all you have to do is kick back and wait for your chips to arrive!

And, of course, gratuitous pr0n of what is at stake: (Also, big shout out to @One Eyed Dollar whose racker stackers made these photos look damn sharp!)

TIC Last.JPG
IMG_4252.JPG
IMG_4248.JPG
IMG_4255.JPG
IMG_4257.JPG
IMG_4258.JPG

(I mean, C'mon! Don’t these look so much better on this table than what I started with?!?!?!?)

Attachments

• IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 61
  • TIC First.JPG
    TIC First.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

Benjaminotaur’s poker tables are awesome!
@TheOffalo
I just have a mat for my playing surface:

F9EECBD9-6BCE-465C-B59D-B75F7177C1F1.jpeg

Edit: I am a supporting member.

Last edited:

I have 2 tables, one of which is blue.
I am a supporting member!
been a member for over 2 years

thanks much and congrats on the milestone! @Goldfish

688C328F-FF88-48C6-8A43-1E75DDEE1AAC.jpeg
3A92AC7B-BF3A-46E7-9E9B-B5CBC07C6F50.jpeg

@jbriod
Congrats on the milestone and your table journey!!

a.) NOPE Your playing surface is blue
2.) YES You’re a supporting member
D.) NOPE You’ve been a PCF member for 6 months or less (x 2 if it’s been 3 months or less)

View attachment 988740
*Grabs Sharpie, adds "Badass custom chairs" to Poker Room Needs list

@dinosaur

36FC0FF3-B663-4A8C-B3C6-E1AE41206C1C.jpeg

Yay. I made it into the thread. Blue crew ftw. Also, just joined this month!!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Not in, but your table does look awesome!
Now that I’ve acquired some tools, I’m planning to follow in your (and other’s) footsteps in building my own.
I hope it turns out as great as yours!

Benjaminotaur’s poker tables are awesome! - @Rieguy - Blue SSC for the win!

5tQfP3R.jpg
jVNTo4b.jpg

Thanks and congrats on the milestone!

Not in, but your table does look awesome!
Now that I’ve acquired some tools, I’m planning to follow in your (and other’s) footsteps in building my own.
I hope it turns out as great as yours!
That's awesome! I encourage everyone to try it if they think they've got the skills. It's a cool feeling to have people gather around something you built.

1. Benjaminotaur’s poker tables are awesome!
  2. @TheLemursReturn
  3. We're rocking this little guy from Amazon. Set a CamelCamelCamel price alert and snagged for $250.View attachment 990157

a.) +1
2.) +0
D.) +2

Nice work btw!!

Thanks for the entry! And nice pickup on that table! As it stands, I've got you in for 3 entries. I'm going to be a stickler on the picture. If you've got a photo of the table in play (or anywhere around the house, for that matter) I'll bump it up to 4 entries. Either way, you're in for three through!

Thanks for the entry! And nice pickup on that table! As it stands, I've got you in for 3 entries. I'm going to be a stickler on the picture. If you've got a photo of the table in play (or anywhere around the house, for that matter) I'll bump it up to 4 entries. Either way, you're in for three through!
Oh no problem! I think I black out when I run games... Handling the buy-ins, starting stacks, clock, seating, rebuys, money, etc etc - all while trying to play good poker too!

So I've never thought to snap a pic in-play. Here she is, folded away nicely.

IMG_20220921_140034.jpg

Oh no problem! I think I black out when I run games... Handling the buy-ins, starting stacks, clock, seating, rebuys, money, etc etc - all while trying to play good poker too!

So I've never thought to snap a pic in-play. Here she is, folded away nicely.

View attachment 991022
Haha! Yeah, I know how that goes. I always forget until it's too late.

@almondjoyce

Love the poker table. I'm hoping sometime in the future I can build one of my own. Currently waiting on a table topper and my aria chips to run some games. Thanks for the link to the post for the build. I bookmarked it for future reference if I ever find the time to build my own table.

1663802795448.png

@MemphisFats

I built this table during the Covid lock down and it still hasn’t seen action :(

Thanks for the awesome giveaway!!

Attachments

• A222AE50-412A-4768-92F7-04F3DEBD263F.jpeg
    A222AE50-412A-4768-92F7-04F3DEBD263F.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 50

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom