Behold your ultimate chip display case (1 Viewer)

pedrofisk

Flush
Reaction score
https://www.displays2go.com/P-34002/LED-Wall-Display-Cabinet-Double-Z-Bar-Mounting

wc3912ledb.rw_preview.jpg

Capacity is 30 lb. That's only 1300 chips and change with racks. Unless you were talking about just samples and singles, eh?
Well you just change the thinner glass shelves out. I guess. I came across it while researching for a project.

30 pound capacity per shelf. Might work for some smaller sets although at 30 pounds that is about 12 racks full of chips. Looks great but not sure I trust the glass

Clearly you guys are taking this waaaaaaayyyy to seriously.

I remember the photo that EmptyPocs posted after all of the wood shelves in his chip closet collapsed. A chip avalanche!
There have been photos posted of glass shelves crashing to the floor under excessive chip weight, too......

Make sure you dust regularly. Dirt weight adds up.......

They appear to bowing in the middle too

They’re definitely bowing in the middle, though that’s 100% expected based on the load, thickness of the glass, and span between supports. Before I became a full time pcf shitposter, I used to be a mechanical engineer and material scientist. :LOL: :laugh:

edit: I’ve also stayed in a Holiday Inn Express during at least one meetup.

Last edited:
At least you didn't tempt fate by stacking racks on top of each other. Maybe nice thick acrylic could be a substitute.

The chips aren’t going to stay there long term. I just brought them up for a long weekend of poker. Eventually my wife will want the living room put back into its original state.

The easiest way to get more strength is to just increase the thickness. Just going from 1/4” tempered glass to 3/8” tempered glass jumps the capacity from 60 lbs to almost 200 lbs. At that point you’d be limited by the strength of the small metal brackets that support the shelves, not the glass shelves themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom