Beginner suggestions? (1 Viewer)

SarahFuller69

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Noob here. Ordered some samples from BRPRO. Tiki kings, dia de los muertos... how would these compare to the group buy chips that are being done here? Other suggestions for good chips for less than $1 a chip? I'm fine spending a little cash but want something that feels nice that i'll be happy with for a while. Thanks for any help!

The only real way is to get samples for yourself of cards molds, and no-mold chips from the group buys.
They are nice, but the ceramics youll get from BRPro are definitely superior. But by how much, only you can say once you've tested them all.

Noob here. Ordered some samples from BRPRO. Tiki kings, dia de los muertos... how would these compare to the group buy chips that are being done here? Other suggestions for good chips for less than $1 a chip? I'm fine spending a little cash but want something that feels nice that i'll be happy with for a while. Thanks for any help!
If ya want some sample cards molds, I can send ya some. Just PM me your info. I got plenty extra.

Sun-Fly also makes quality ceramic chips, available in several stock designs (or customs) with several mold options -- plain (39mm or 43mm), debossed (cards, diamonds, swirl), and hybrid (39mm and 43mm, each with two different recessed center diameters).

If ya want some sample cards molds, I can send ya some. Just PM me your info. I got plenty extra.
Sent pm! Thank you!

Sun-Fly also makes quality ceramic chips, available in several stock designs (or customs) with several mold options -- plain (39mm or 43mm), debossed (cards, diamonds, swirl), and hybrid (39mm and 43mm, each with two different recessed center diameters).
They do have some interesting ones. Maybe I’ll order a sample or two

I originally got samples from BrPro. Same choices as you with the tiki and DDLM. Generally I would gravitate to clay but these felt great and the price point was a lot less.

I thought I would attempt to save some money and ordered 1000 card molds. As my research continued I kept receiving mixed reviews on the card molds. Although the price is attractive I ultimately cancelled my order for CM and placed my order with BrPro. I’m about 2 weeks away from receiving them.

That being said I have already purchased a rack of Paulsons from a member here and am in talks with another for an additional rack ish.

This place is by far the most expensive forum I belong to……

One regret I have is not getting CM samples but I basically used the forum threads to make my decision to change to BrPro.

Here’s a thread I created while trying to make the same decision.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/tina-card-mold-stacking.100105/

I originally got samples from BrPro. Same choices as you with the tiki and DDLM. Generally I would gravitate to clay but these felt great and the price point was a lot less.

I thought I would attempt to save some money and ordered 1000 card molds. As my research continued I kept receiving mixed reviews on the card molds. Although the price is attractive I ultimately cancelled my order for CM and placed my order with BrPro. I’m about 2 weeks away from receiving them.

That being said I have already purchased a rack of Paulsons from a member here and am in talks with another for an additional rack ish.

One regret I have is not getting CM samples but I basically used the forum threads to make my decision to change to BrPro.

Great choice on the BRPro chips. Theyre definitely better, imo. What makes the CM chips attractive is the customization and the price, but you do take a hit on quality.

Thank you for this that’s really helpful! I have samples of all of the above coming and will be checking them out before I put in any orders. Thanks and good luck with the new chips!

BRPro chips are definitely the superior ceramic though I do own a large set of Cards Mold, mostly cost related (though I really do like them). The DDLM and Tikis are very popular, have been around long enough that you can check their track record. They're semi customizable too!

But since you are new I will give you the best advice I can. Do not ever come back to this forum. Delete it from your browser, expunge it from your memory. If you don't you might as well set your wallet on fire.

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate

Also a noob; I've been really struggling finding chips that actually have all the denominations I'm interested in when buying new. I've been particularly looking into the China clays. Maybe the group buy chips would be a better direction for me to go. Honestly, at this point I'm just considering buying a nice set of Paulsons but I'm too unsure having never seen or handled any in person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom