Beginner Chip Quality Question/Recommendation (1 Viewer)

If you go the china clay route, be aware that they were (are?) a lot more brittle than your plastic chips or real clay chips. Not saying that they are not up to multiples games in normal conditions, but they will break/chip more easely.

Here are some china clays samples I got couple years back next to ASM clay chips and Paulson ones. The china clays and ASM went through the same treatment of reckless playing by kids and been tossed around. Torture test really, but the result is quite evident.

IMG_3932.JPG

Thanks a lot for everyone itt , did not expect to get this much attention right off the bat!
I got tagged in some posts in the classified section as well (special thanks to those who remembered me and took the effort to tag me!) - I was very close to making a purchase there, but ended up not following through for one reason or another.

Anyways, just wanted to update - I pulled the trigger on the DDLM ceramics, they look amazing and hopefully feel much better than the set I currently have.

Knowing myself, I'll probably not be able to resist buying another set some time in the future, so I'll see you guys in a year (at most :p).

Thanks a lot for everyone itt , did not expect to get this much attention right off the bat!
I got tagged in some posts in the classified section as well (special thanks to those who remembered me and took the effort to tag me!) - I was very close to making a purchase there, but ended up not following through for one reason or another.

Anyways, just wanted to update - I pulled the trigger on the DDLM ceramics, they look amazing and hopefully feel much better than the set I currently have.

Knowing myself, I'll probably not be able to resist buying another set some time in the future, so I'll see you guys in a year (at most :p).
Did you get them from Bill or from ABC/br pro poker?

I’ve had a set of ceramics for the past twenty years and absolutely love them.

I have a set of Tiki Kings from BR Pro Poker- the same people who make DDLM. I love my Tikis and find the quality quite high. I have a friend who has the DDLMs and he is very happy with them. All of this is to say I believe you will be pleased with your purchase.

If you go the china clay route, be aware that they were (are?) a lot more brittle than your plastic chips or real clay chips. Not saying that they are not up to multiples games in normal conditions, but they will break/chip more easely.

Here are some china clays samples I got couple years back next to ASM clay chips and Paulson ones. The china clays and ASM went through the same treatment of reckless playing by kids and been tossed around. Torture test really, but the result is quite evident.

View attachment 801094
Conchoidal fractures! You could chip out an arrowhead out of those white chips.

Just starting out I wanna get better quality chips Anyone got any recommendations for a tournament set (600) for $250 or under

Just starting out I wanna get better quality chips Anyone got any recommendations for a tournament set (600) for $250 or under

A single table 10-person tourney set can be done with much less than 400 chips, even less than 300 in some cases. Decide on number of players and tourney parameters to find your most efficient breakdowns and purchase accordingly.

A single table 10-person tourney set can be done with much less than 400 chips, even less than 300 in some cases. Decide on number of players and tourney parameters to find your most efficient breakdowns and purchase accordingly.
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom