Been lurking for a while…DMV area (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hello all. I’ve been lurking for a while and am finally getting serious about pulling the trigger on my first custom set. I live in the DC/VA/MD area, originally from KCMO (Go Chiefs!!).

I’ve been playing for quite a while, but am starting to host a somewhat regular home game for a few friends. Fairly small, 6-7 players, and we usually start with $0.50/$1 NLH.

This site is incredible, and I am very thankful already for such a community of poker chip nerds…uhhh…aficionados. I’m sure I will have questions in time, but feel free to ask anything in the meantime!

Looking forward to interacting.

Go Chiefs! I have a KC sports themed relabel tourney set coming. Welcome to the rabbit hole!
602B0E25-041E-416C-B36B-C23CE846D68B.jpeg

Hello and welcome (to posting)!
Thank you!

Welcome! Stafford here, along with @Eazy . Plenty of players in the area!

If you're looking for another game, or more players, hit us up!
Will definitely do that! Thanks!

Go Chiefs! I have a KC sports themed relabel tourney set coming. Welcome to the rabbit hole!
View attachment 838041
I have been looking at this set for a while. I absolutely LOVE this idea. I have been playing around with some concepts including the KC skyline and the Royals crown and Arrowhead. Still trying to find something I am willing to spend the clams on, but must give you props on this design.

Welcome from the “M” in DMV!
Lotta great members from the area.
Should also consult this thread
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/dmv-connection-dc-maryland-virginia.67883/
:cool
Awesome. Thanks for this. Will definitely spend some time here.

Up in Westminster Md for @FordPickup92 and myself! Amazing area to join as a chipper. I always recommend rather than spending fortunes on samples to try and come out and play with other chippers that already own awesome chips, and there are many in the area.

@Seeking Alpha Social Club runs a really nice game down in the Fredricksburg VA area. @krafticus is our regular go to game in Ellicott City, MD. @Highli99 @longflop @DarkHelmet55 all host games in the area. Give a shout in the DMV connection thread and hope to meet you for a game in the future.

If I can ever be of assistance feel free to shoot a PM anytime. Lots of weird lingo around here that takes a bit of getting used to!

Welcome to the forum @bucklesbets this hobby is extremely addictive, proceed with caution! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben

Up in Westminster Md for @FordPickup92 and myself! Amazing area to join as a chipper. I always recommend rather than spending fortunes on samples to try and come out and play with other chippers that already own awesome chips, and there are many in the area.

@Seeking Alpha Social Club runs a really nice game down in the Fredricksburg VA area. @krafticus is our regular go to game in Ellicott City, MD. @Highli99 @longflop @DarkHelmet55 all host games in the area. Give a shout in the DMV connection thread and hope to meet you for a game in the future.

If I can ever be of assistance feel free to shoot a PM anytime. Lots of weird lingo around here that takes a bit of getting used to!

Welcome to the forum @bucklesbets this hobby is extremely addictive, proceed with caution! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben
Don’t listen to @Ben8257 He doesn’t wear pants at home games and likes to play strip solitaire on tourney breaks.

Fellow Chipper Ben
This is great. Thanks for the info man! I used to live in Odenton back in the day, been to EC many times.

Definitely will hit some folks up once I get some free time to play a bit…and def want to see what all people have. I thought I was dead set on some CPCs, but bought some samples and been lurking thru the feeds…there is so much to choose from. Can’t make up my mind. I suppose the first set is probably the hardest to pull the trigger on. I dunno…

In any case, will be in touch for a game when I can get some time!

Thanks!
Kyle

This is great. Thanks for the info man! I used to live in Odenton back in the day, been to EC many times.

Definitely will hit some folks up once I get some free time to play a bit…and def want to see what all people have. I thought I was dead set on some CPCs, but bought some samples and been lurking thru the feeds…there is so much to choose from. Can’t make up my mind. I suppose the first set is probably the hardest to pull the trigger on. I dunno…

In any case, will be in touch for a game when I can get some time!

Thanks!
Kyle
If you ever find yourself in the middle of no where (Westminster) let me know. Always welcome to come and check out chips. We have about 50k worth! Lol

Definitely let us know when you would like to play.

Ben

Hello from a fellow chipper in Washington DC -- I'm somewhat in the heart of the city -- in northwest DC. I'm probably not the best person to ask about customs, since that's one type of set I haven't ordered. But if you have other chip questions, fire away, I'd be glad to answer.

I’ve been playing for quite a while, but am starting to host a somewhat regular home game for a few friends. Fairly small, 6-7 players, and we usually start with $0.50/$1 NLH.
If you ever need players and are relatively close, I might be able to play sometime.

Hello from a fellow chipper in Washington DC -- I'm somewhat in the heart of the city -- in northwest DC. I'm probably not the best person to ask about customs, since that's one type of set I haven't ordered. But if you have other chip questions, fire away, I'd be glad to answer.

If you ever need players and are relatively close, I might be able to play sometime.
Duly noted. Will hit you up next time I have a game scheduled. It’s a bit hit/miss right now, but soon hopefully.

Welcome from Edgewater! As many have said, lots of great chippers around here, many of whom have made some awesome customs:

Off the top of my head, @Cliff, @Chippy McChiperson, @krafticus, @MikesDad have all made customs (several sets each), and I'm sure I'm missing come other locals who have made some amazing customs too.

Whatever you do never consult @Highli99 about customs he will try to convince you to make clay dice chips. How he has not perma-banned from this site is a riddle wrapped inside an enigma. I am not kidding. ;)

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/a-tribute-to-the-most-popular-set.62270/page-4#post-1469554

Welcome. Theres a big crew from the Maryland area. Good people and plenty of great chips!

Welcome. Theres a big crew from the Maryland area. Good people and plenty of great chips!
Need to come visit Jeff, we always have a room for ya brother. Unfortunately covid has the poker scene all but shut down again, but when we get going you are more than welcome anytime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom