Beck Moss Association? (1 Viewer)

postmanpete

Pair
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I picked up over 1000 diamond mold chips that I think are weighted plastic and have a sort of weak hot stamp look. They say “Beck Moss Association” and have a little club symbol in the lower case “b”. The M looks kinda like they were trying to lay 2 diamonds together to form an M.

These came from an auction site in Tyler texas (that’s east of Dallas).

I can’t find any info online about the company or card room.

The 4 old boxes I got have a price tag of 44.99 per box of 100 chips.

Wonder what I’ll do with so many chips? They feel pretty good and are sharp on the edges but maybe that’s normal with plastics.

I think I see a tiny spot in all of them that looks like something from the injection mold process. I’ll attach a pic of this on a blue chip at about 11 o’clock in the image.

Let me know if you have any info about these. I paid 50 bucks for them.

Attachments

• 2E290EB3-0124-44A8-A6C8-FB23D821D2F8.jpeg
    2E290EB3-0124-44A8-A6C8-FB23D821D2F8.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 102
  • D7BE55F0-C7CE-4012-8E95-9685BD92CA1B.jpeg
    D7BE55F0-C7CE-4012-8E95-9685BD92CA1B.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1C68BA91-B103-4DEF-8D7C-262524BCCC46.jpeg
    1C68BA91-B103-4DEF-8D7C-262524BCCC46.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 6D964876-F654-439E-A69B-BD6ED52FB1FF.jpeg
    6D964876-F654-439E-A69B-BD6ED52FB1FF.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 108
  • F29ECEF9-463E-4397-8309-F0E3C8466FA1.jpeg
    F29ECEF9-463E-4397-8309-F0E3C8466FA1.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 110
“Heavy” Diamond molds look like to me.

There was a manufacturer that sold these in clear plastic boxes that had two diamonds embossed in it, I’ll think of the name in a bit. They were in a cardboard over box and labeled Heavy Diamond Poker Chips. Not too bad for the materials, they stamp real good and feel like Paulson diamonds in most cases. They typically had a lot of edge flashing when new, but it was a good kind, not hard and crumbly but a bit more rubbery.

I look for these for hot stamping. They fit in good with other clay chips, good feel and about 10 gms.

99% sure these are plastic. You can see the injection mark as you pointed out. Also sides of the blues that are smooth and shiny are giveaway too. Don’t have any history on them myself, though.

just using a rack of the pink ones as nickels with my CPC rounders chips while I decide about making customs.

I’m surprised how much I like the feel and heft of these.

Apparently Brett Moss is a young quarterback but I’m pretty sure by the boxes that these are fairly old.

I wondered if I could use them for hot stamping? The original foil is not set in very deep. I’ll have to think about it.

Yes, these are plastic. Vintage Super Diamonds, with equal width inner and outer ring and mold pips either on edge or within the diamonds in 4 spots. They are quite good for what they are, and sound and feel nicer than most China Clay and budget plastics that I've handled.

The modern Super Diamonds are terrible compared to these.

Nice one Toby, these are easily my favourite plastic chips.

Hope you are well, thanks again for your help with the Texas deal (see PM I have send on Saturday)

Thanks for the info guys! Glad to hear others like the feel of these as well.

Wish I could turn up some green ones to be $25 chips but so far I haven't seen any.

Thomas - I just got back from a trip to Texas and all is well. I have to admit I preferred the horseshoe mold chips I found for you over these, but these are pretty good! I'm still lurking on some estate sales down in Texas and will let you know if I see more from the Chateau.

So I was cleaning some of the white chips and got the water maybe a little hot or the dishwasher detergent was strong, but in any case, I see how it’s not too hard to ge the foil to come off the chips.

the letters look like they were really stamped in there. The logo on this one anyway, seems to almost be printed on instead of stamped in.

I’m Thinking I might want to make my own hot stamp design up to use for all these.

for those of you hpwho have done hot stamp work, do you think these are good candidates? Who among us can I talk to about the details of hot stamps? And I’m not looking forward to cleaning 1200 of these…

467C45D5-AFF0-4CE7-8E06-E69F0E5AF0E3.jpeg
1194DFAF-F0CD-4B82-A380-2202808893C9.jpeg

“Heavy” Diamond molds look like to me.

There was a manufacturer that sold these in clear plastic boxes that had two diamonds embossed in it, I’ll think of the name in a bit. They were in a cardboard over box and labeled Heavy Diamond Poker Chips. Not too bad for the materials, they stamp real good and feel like Paulson diamonds in most cases. They typically had a lot of edge flashing when new, but it was a good kind, not hard and crumbly but a bit more rubbery.

I look for these for hot stamping. They fit in good with other clay chips, good feel and about 10 gms.
Marion are the ones you want. That’s the name of the manufacturer that sold heavy diamonds.

Those would hot stamp good.

Thanks man! It’s not worth the effort to clean these all off I guess. i see these show up fairly often in estate sales and eBay that are a
ready clear of markings.

I’ll try to find some Marion’s to feel them.

what features do you look for to tell if one of these diamond mold chips is a Marion made chip? tyoucally all I have to go on are pictures On the internet.
thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom