Because Racecar (1 Viewer)

GoStumpy

Flush
Reaction score
Bought my first racecar today. Epic feeling.

Need to go pick it up next weekend as it's ~350km away, but its paid for and picked up tomorrow morning by the old man for me :)

Plan is gut it completely, roll cage, buckets seats, racing harness, bright yellow paint with company logo :)

1997 Acura 2.2CL, 2.2L Vtec, 5speed, perfect!

I'll update as progress happens :)

00O0O_5FODLmZUNa9_1200x900.jpg
00E0E_jXlBGYC5th2_1200x900.jpg
00U0U_84TrYrnxLu0_1200x900.jpg
00101_4AmuDZ3gZdR_1200x900.jpg
00909_e8UQAnL8yC6_1200x900.jpg

I used to have a 2001 (and later a 2003) Acura CL-S.
It wasn't a race car but I drove that care on a 20,000 mile, 5 month trip across the US, Canada and Mexico.
Damn, I loved that car:)

Found a pic.

P68_5B_1.jpg

Yep I LOVED my 3.5RL I had for a few years...

Rules for the circle-track series I'll be in is 155hp max for the car, 4 cylinder, engine stock top to bottom, stock brakes, suspension, and the safety stuff... so basically get all brand new suspension with the best shocks around, new brakes with racing pads, and make sure the engine runs good, get it set up and racing, then maybe some tricks to the motor to boost the power ;) (If I need to, lol)

Update with some pics, we got the car stripped, took 400lbs out of it, wired up a push button start to bypass all the relay bullshit.. going to get caged probably Monday

Coming home:
E3sjIbJ.jpg

Pile of parts:
kQ7914S.jpg

Painting:
o7ItxWX.jpg

MhhrhFI.jpg

MhhrhFI.jpg

pvBTi3Z.jpg

DZGsATz.jpg

Two thoughts:

1.) no chance of losing a peanut M&M under the seat now.

2.) Instead of painting, shoulda gone with @Gear labels.

Following this project with interest...

Vu2Ymkb.jpg

Cage was finished today, sorry for the single crappy pic... tomorrow everything gets finished and I'll pull it outside for some good photos! Got the seat installed yesterday, cage done today, harness in today, wheels on today... tomorrow is oil change and front pads and I think it's ready!!!

cvFBCVr.jpg

ICKn0Nt.jpg

vVMmtIQ.jpg

fO9aZZg.jpg

What a frickin awesome day of racing!
Might have some video coming from friends and family..
Basically they separated the ~16 hornet cars into A group and B group according to initial time-in hotlaps... I was 4th from slowest so I was put in B group.

Then a friend's pit crew asked what my tire pressures were... LOL!! They were 32-38 all around... they told me to put the left tires at ~15psi, right front at 28, right rear at 25... so I did, and wow did it make a difference.
I came 2nd in the trophy dash, which is a 4 lap sprint... and then 4th in the Heat Race because I just wasn't holding a good line...
Main event came and I could see by the scoreboard that I was 2 places from being on there (top 5 on the scoreboard) so I knew I was in 7th overall... what I didn't realize is that I was ahead of every other B group car out there! I had no idea I won until the guys started yelling at me when I got out of the car to get over to the main straight for photos, I was like HUH?? WOOHOO lol.
Car definitely will be faster next year, shocks were hilariously bad, I was a pogo-stick bouncing around the corners, I'll have race slicks next year, and I need to bump the rev limiter at least to 7k, it's a hard limit on 6600rpm right now so I was hitting that on both straights.
Had a ton of fun and I can't wait til next year!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom