Beav's Card Room - New Denoms (1 Viewer)

beaver

Two Pair
Reaction score
Some time in the future I will be adding a few new denoms to my set. Here is my current lineup:

I'm planning on adding a $100, $500, and maybe a snapper. I've spent a whole bunch of time in the Chip Design Tool, and I've got quite a few different chips mocked up for each denom. I want to maintain a cohesiveness within my set, while at the same time getting some more color and variety in edgespots.

I really love the first chip here. I will probably only need a barrel or 2 of these, so I'm not worried such a high level chip. Ever since I've known this spot was possible with CPC, I knew I needed it.

I've been having a really hard time deciding which way to go with the hundo. I like the last chip quite a bit, but I think it might be a little over the top for this set. After seeing @Puggy 's awesome $1, I've really wanted a chip with 3 different coloured 1/2" spots. I think this might be a good spot to do that.

With a black inlay, I've also toyed with the idea of using charcoal instead of a black base. I'm still undecided right now.

Imperial Blue is probably my favourite color in the CPC line up, and with my quarter already taking purple, it just makes sense to go with a blue $500. I like the way the 8A14 looks, but I already have quite a few chips with 1/4" spots in my set. I'm a really big fan of the D18 spots, and I think the first chip may be the way to go. I think I might prefer 6 instead of 8 spots though, not quite so busy.

Here's a lineup with my current chips and what I think are my current favourites for the new ones (along with a bonus $25 chip).

I'm really looking forward to what you guys think.

I don't have time to post any thoughts on the mock ups. That one dollar chip is very nice. Solid use of the B mold

LOVE the $500...ship that! I like the snapper quite a bit, but would be interested in seeing green in place of one of the current spot colors, just for comparison purposes. I don't enjoy that particular spot pattern like you do, but that's just personal preference...there's nothing inherently bad about the pattern choice.

The $25 chip is...okay. I like the pattern choice, but the spot colors don't resonate with me. All the other chips in the lineup are pretty bright, but that one is relatively dull and muted..doesn't seem like it fits there.

The one that sticks out to me the most is the hundo. I like the color choices on the spots, but the spot pattern there seems *very* out of place. You've effectively reverted back to a pattern that might be more commonly found on a $5, or as a consistent pattern throughout a chip set. I love the nod to the Mapes $100, but I don't think it fits with this particular set given the spot patterns currently displayed in the other denoms.

Thanks for the replies guys. Here's a few more variations of the snapper with some green.

Looking at the actual color samples I like the one with the Canary and regular Green the best, but i still think Canary and Peacock is the way to go.

With regards to the $25, I won't be getting those chips in this add-on, and maybe not ever. I just left a spot for them in the full set mockup. The colors for that chip, I stole from @courage $2 chip, which is probably my favourite all time custom chip.

About the $100. I think maybe looking at that chip in the mockup picture along with all the other chips, it might look like too basic of a chip for the hundo. But when you think about how it will normally be used with the 1, 5, 20 and it itself, it won't look so out of place then.

I threw together a new mockup of the whole set with maybe a slightly more normal spot progression.

Very nice! I like these latest colors and combos.

Tweaked the hundo a little bit.
full

I really like the contrast that the black base provides to the really bright DG spot colors, but I'm worried about how a black chip and black inlay would look. Charcoal base looks pretty good as well, just not the same pop. I'm also really torn between DG Green or Saturn for the third spot color. I think Saturn may win by default just because it won't be used anywhere else in the set, where as the green would

Trying to figure out what spot pattern would be best for the $500. So many different patterns that I want to use, hard to narrow them down.
full

Last edited:
Just for the record getting a snapper made up is (y) :thumbsup: I have zero use for one but they're probably my favorite in the whole set. It's just neat to see a rack of them front and center in the birdcage.

Just for the record getting a snapper made up is (y) :thumbsup: I have zero use for one but they're probably my favorite in the whole set. It's just neat to see a rack of them front and center in the birdcage.

To be honest, I don't have much use for one either, yet. But, they are also one of my favourite chips in a set. Me and a bunch of my friends have table games nights sometimes. I have a Mississippi Stud table, and am looking to add one or 2 more tables. Blackjack is an obvious choice. So they just might get to see some action lol.

I really like the second hundo in from the left on the top row in the OP.

Ditto. i love how it gives definition to the inlay. I'm liking 6D18 for the 500. I'm not sure if 4DS18 is a upgrade in complexity over 3TA16 in my mind.

I've really loved this chip since I've mocked it up, but kind of disregarded it because I wanted to try to add some more bright colors. I do admit that it goes well with the rest of the set though.

I feel like the set is looking pretty good. Haven't really settled on the $25 yet, which I won't even be getting in this order anyways. Here's a couple more just for fun.
full

full

full

It's a bit of a shame that I couldn't find a spot for DG Tiger anywhere. Maybe I'll have to get a $1000 chip......

I feel like the set is looking pretty good. Haven't really settled on the $25 yet, which I won't even be getting in this order anyways. Here's a couple more just for fun.
full

This is by far my iteration of your $25 chip. As for the lineup as a whole, I think it's in a ship-worthy state. Definitely want samples of the new stuff, including at least two samples of the snapper.

I think I'm pretty well settled on this:
full

Does anyone have any last minute suggestions to make this set any better? I like the way the set flows (except maybe the snapper which will rarely be used anyways).

Here's a J5 mockup of the new chips with proper inlays.
full

Repeat after me: "I must make this chip....I must make this chip....I must make this chip...."

View attachment 62067

I like it. traditional colors with a pop

Thanks for the replies guys. Here's a few more variations of the snapper with some green.

Looking at the actual color samples I like the one with the Canary and regular Green the best, but i still think Canary and Peacock is the way to go.

I’m still in the dreaming stage, but one chip I have my heart set on is the same spots (using the base color in the middle) but different colors. I was wondering how CPC chips turn out like that, have you seen any others done like that?

I’m still in the dreaming stage, but one chip I have my heart set on is the same spots (using the base color in the middle) but different colors. I was wondering how CPC chips turn out like that, have you seen any others done like that?

I can't recall seeing any CPCs done with this pattern yet. I will be ordering my own very soon though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom